3.01.2013

Paint by letters

Since starting my One Room Challenge I've had a constant paint workspace set up in my apartment.  You know, paint everywhere nothing put away and some project or another always in the works.

When I had the yellow Yolk paint out last week for my bar makeover I decided that something else in my kitchen needed that bright color.  My pen/pencil/scissor holder was the perfect thing.  Awhile back I had given a plain white pencil holder a makeover with marbled paper.  Here is what it looked like
I really loved that paper, but it just needed something new and fresh for my One Room Challenge. 

I sanded it down a bit, gave it a coat of primer (remember I had already tried painting Yolk over Gentleman's Gray and it didn't go so well) and then multiple coats of Yolk.  I honestly don't even remember how many, that color requires lots of coats to get the full color goodness.

Once it was painted and dry I decided it needed a personal detail and there is no other personal detail I love more than a monogram.


Obvi I forgot to take a photo of it before I started the monogram, but you get the idea.  I used my magic pencil lead trick to transfer the monogram on.  Once I liked how it looked I painted in the lines with basic white craft paint.

After the white paint dried, I gave it two thin coats of water based polycrylic and I was good to go


All finished and holding my very favorite LePens like a champ. 


Have a good weekend everyone!

7 comments:

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

This is crazy good. I love/hate you. I have the same painting sh%% hole going on over here.

emily fitzgerald {once in a blue room} said...

love this!!

Nicole Scott said...

Looks super cool and custom!

Anonymous said...

wow i love this! such a great idea, so creative! Cant wait to see your next post!

Best,
Nina

http://www.instyledeals.com/

Stephanie Sabbe said...

I like the framed Mike's box lid! Cute idea...although it would encourage me to drive to the north end for cannoli entirely too often:)

Kim said...

I am a sucker for a monogram ... love this!! I just came up from the basement paint project ... needed a break and now am reading about how we are all painting this weekend!! Yours is much more fun than mine!! xo

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

I love your monogram! And of course that color. So in love with that color.