3.05.2013

Not fake

I've been searching for a way to bring a little green to my mantle.  The issue is that it doesn't get consistent light throughout the day. I put plants there and talk real nice to them, but they still die.  Which meant I would need to either 1. purchase cut flowers for that space every week, or 2. come up with an alternative. 

I love me some topiaries, they can be so many different things in so many different spaces.  They can be country, modern, outdoors, indoors, herbs, candy, small, tall and the list goes on.  You name it, it can probably be made into a topiary.  








The while light issue in my family room helped make the decision for me, I didn't want to go totally fake so doing preserved was the best option.  Plus, I never have to remember to water them weekly so they cant die on me.



I'm loving these death proof plants in my house so far.

8 comments:

Things That Inspire said...

I discovered the beauty and function of those preserved boxwoods in December. They are so versatile, and look great!

Holly

Hannah said...

Source? Looks great!

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

LindsB said...

Hannah, I picked them up at my local Homegoods- they must have had a shipment at the stores around here because I've seen them in a few different ones.

Unknown said...

it really does look great!

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

I too only use death proof plants and I love a little green or natural on the mantel. Those topiaries in that first image are gorgeous.

Ashley said...

"Deathproof" is a much better term than fake--you're genius.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Love them! I need to go to Homegoods I think!!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

those are on my list! love