8.01.2012

One Room Challenge: The Final


Has it really been six weeks already?  I cant believe the One Room Challenge (and the Summer for that matter) have flown by so quickly!

While this is suppose to be the final reveal, I call it my work in progress reveal.  I had big plans to get my shams monogrammed, but thanks to the USPS and a few glitches they arrived just in time for week 6.  They head out tomorrow to finally get monogrammed.

Ok enough talking, no one wants words in these posts, they just want pictures. To check out my progress over the past weeks go here. 

These were the many looks of my bedroom over the years and where I started from 6 short weeks ago...

...and here is how my bedroom looks after 6 weeks of work

The view from the door

I switched up the art. I still love the other pink and blue frames I did, I just have to find a new home for them

You don't even want to know how long that damn bolster pillow took me to make.  Lets just say I watched the ENTIRE opening ceremony for the Olympics, plus some.  I mean it involved using Pi (3.14) and for a Friday night my brain power was limited to say the least.  But miraculously it turned out perfect. Or what I like to think is perfect.

That blue and white striped chair has been the one constant in this space. You can't go wrong with a good stripe.

Just imagine those orange trimmed shams with a lovely monogram on them, ok.

I cant get enough of my gold leafed mirror. I should have done it YEARS ago.

It started to get dark out, hence the yellowy photo.  I'll take better ones once the shams are done. But my new tray and the cross stitched art are a lovely addition to my nightstand.

 I whipped up those silhouettes just as an option for the bedroom.  Clearly I like to have choices and options.  But they came out better than I expected and replaced the crazy pink and blue framed DIY art. At least for today.

My new jewelry box used to hold a Wine Rabbit.  Spray paint and a monogram really can turn a pumpkin into a carriage.

The end.

There you have it.  This ends the super fun One Room Challenge for now.  I do have a few other updates (like those shams) but for now I'm so glad I decided to just go for it and give my bedroom a good overhaul.  It certainly needed it. 

A big thank you to Linda from My Crafty Home Life for organizing this- I had a blast!!

Be sure to check out the 18 other bloggers to see how their One Room Challenge turned out.

Sherry – Design Indulgence
Barbara – Hodge Podge
Tiffany – Living Savvy
Jessie - Mix and Chic
Danylle - Nana Moon
Jennifer – The Pink Pagoda
Emily – Rue de Emily
Lindsay – Sadie + Stella

43 comments:

Emily said...

The space turned out so pretty!! I love your gold-leaf mirror too! Great job.

Price Style & Design said...

Your "pi" comment cracked me up! I had a similar situation a while back making a bolster pillow -- I should have paid attention in math class all those years ago!
http://lekaliainteriors.blogspot.com/2012/04/who-invented-pi.html

Beth Connolly said...

It turned out great. I love the bolster fabric and
the monograms on those shams will be perfect.
Nice job.

Heather Moore Grahling | Vivid Hue Home said...

yah! this turned out great. love how you accessorized the dresser....and those monogrammed shams will be a perfect touch!

Barbara Matson said...

So pretty! I am not done either, waiting for fabric! But I love what you have done! Gorgeous and I too love gold leaf!!!!
Glad I was part of this challenge working alongside yourself and the others, it was great. I guess I'll see the updates, via Instagram too?

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

awww great job! looks so much fresher and lighter!

Karena said...

Bravo I love the changes. The mirror is gorgeous and I love gold leaf!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
2012 Artists Series

lisa mende design said...

This is so pretty!!! I love it! So fresh and light! Great work!

Nicole Scott said...

Looks beautiful so far! All the little touches of pretty really make it! Great job!

Danylle McLain said...

Love it! So crisp and bright! Your headboard and pillows are just beautiful.

Kim said...

Beautifully executed! The details you brought in made all the difference. And the bolster pillow ... well you know I love the fabric ... and the outcome very worth having to use pi!!

LiveLaughDecorate said...

Well done. Feels light and airy, calm, serene. Overall a place anyone would wanna just go to, close the door and chill.

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

The space looks lovely. I especially love the bolster pillow--what a great print!

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

The last minute silhouettes are my favorite part!

I am loving all the reveals today. In honor of the ORC I revealed my master today too!

http://www.designpostdaily.com/2012/08/my-master-bedrooom.html

StagerLinda said...

What a pretty retreat! I love the colors, prints (bolster!) and textures. Your mirror and silhouettes turned out great. Good job.

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

Gorgeous! I love it!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

It's lovely!!! ABSOLUTELY LOVELY!!

The Pink Pagoda said...

Your bedroom is absolutely beautiful! I'll keep checking back to see your updates -- I'm not finished either! It's been fun working with you!

alison giese Interiors said...

Leopard lumbar takes the cake for me. (But all of it is perfectly lovely, too!)

Dina @ Honey + Fitz said...

I can't believe you did this in 6 weeks! Clearly I need to sleep less or something. Great job, it looks fantastic!

Sadie + Stella said...

Umnmm what are you talking about not finishing?!?! This looks amazing silly girl!!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

So beautiful!! I love it all!! (especially the bolster :)

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

It's lovely and bright and gold and white and orange and blue....perfection! I love your monogram box. The pillows will look great. I want to see more of the headboard...what fabric did you use? there is something beautiful going on there. Finally, another sewer who will admit that sometimes it is hard! That mirror kills me, super fab.

SHERRY HART said...

So pretty and totally not predictable...my favorite kind of design...I love the velvet pillows and the bolster...I do not know what I would do if presented with a math problem to make a pillow! Outstanding job :)

Nicole said...

So, what you're saying is that I shouldn't try to make a bloster on my own? ;) Looks amazing! I love the transformation!

WWL said...

Room looks great! Your silhouette pictures look much better than the other ones you had up. Love your bolster pillow.

Brooke @ Inside-Out Design said...

It's beautiful!!! My favorite part is that gorgeous bolster pillow; I would love to make one too!! I can't imagine having to use Pi though...just saying the name is giving me horrific flashbacks to math class....
You did a fabulous job!!

Jessie said...

Your bedroom looks fabulous! Love the mirror, the pillows especially the leopard print bolster pillow and the navy table lamp. Well done!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

an apropos beginning said...

Love it!

Laura@JourneyChic said...

LOVE how calm and relaxing it is now! Great job!

Amelia said...

Where did your throw at the end of the bed come from? Love it!

LindsB said...

Amelia, it's from Homegoods

mom23 said...

Love the space! Great job on the bolster - what is the name of that orange leopard fabric? I'd love to have a pillow like that and I can sew a little. I would like to buy some. Where did you get it? Thanks!!

LindsB said...

Mom23, I wish I could be more help and tell you what the name of it was, but I dont even know myself. I picked it up at a discount fabric place here in Boston that just has stacks of fabric with no names or indicating marks on them. I even tried searching for it online and came up with nothing. If I ever do find out (because I want more myself) I will be sure to update you here :)

Katie of At Home When Im With You said...

Love it! The projects turned out great and makes the room feel so bright- good job!

Emily said...

Great job, it looks super clean, love it! How did you do the gold-leaf mirror?

LindsB said...

Emily, I got a gold leaf kit from my local craft store and basically just followed the directions exactly. One thing that came in handy was a clean, soft paint brush to get the gold leaf on. Other than that I really had no clue what I was doing and I just went for it :)

I bet there are some good tutorial videos out there though. I didnt think about it then, but I should have looked for a few of those before I started.

Ellen said...

Love it! Where did you get the fab shams and duvet? Love reading!

LindsB said...

Ellen- the shams are Peacock Alley Calypso and I got them on ebay, and the duvet is from Lands End last year

paula said...

I adore it! So perfectly preppy.

Megan said...

Did you already own the dresser? If not where did you find it?

Megan said...

Is the dresser new? If so where did you find it?

LindsB said...

Megan, dresser came from my Grandparents house many, many years ago. I looked for a name on the inside but there doesnt seem to be one. Sorry about that!