5.01.2013

Fringe Detail

Living in an apartment can sometimes drive me nuts.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE calling the landlord when something goes wrong.  But at the same time it takes a lot of self control not to take a sledge hammer to the tile in my bathroom or kitchen and start some renovations in there. 

That being said there are creative ways apartment dwellers can make a rental space feel like their own. I know I've talked about this before on here, so it's nothing new, but those details and personal touches are what usually distract me from seeing the yucky pink tile in my bathroom. 

Lately I've been loving fringed hand towels.  The fringe adds a fun detail that says I'm care free, cool and have style.  The photos below show some cool bathrooms with that little fringe touch

House and Home photo by Angus Fergusson

 
Lloyd Ralphs Design, photo by Virginia Macdonald

Michael S Smith, photo by Mikkel Vang

West Elm

Young House Love

Apartment Therapy, Kathryn Bentley House Tour

Architectural Digest

Anna Spiro design, photo by Simon Kenny

House and Home photo by Per Kristiansen

I have a bunch of these hand towels around my apartment but my most favorite one is in my kitchen.  You can see my DIY monogram here.

Here are my favorite sources for these hand towels, West Elm & Turkish T's.

West Elm even has great sales every so often, so keep an eye out!  Also if you are in the market for some pretty amazing beach towels for this Summer, look no further than Turkish T's.  They are seriously my FAVORITE ever.  They are light weight, colorful, and double as a cover up.  (I'm not getting paid to say this, I really just love them)

7 comments:

Vel Criste said...

Didn't even notice that trend until you mentioned it and showed hose us all those gorgeous pics! I 'blame' West Elm' for this one.

Laurie said...

I am loving the turkish towels - going to add some to my bathroom (in a rental too)

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

If you don't already have them, you need bangs (fringe). I love the towels. I think World Market has some, too?!

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

I am so with you on these! I am coveting them for my bathroom, but don't tell my husband yet ;)

Kim @ Plumberry Pie said...

I am in love with these too! Thanks for the tip off to Turkish T's. I'd seen the ones at West Elm, but new to Turkish T's. L-O-V-E! going on my wish list...

hong kong property said...

i wonder why fringes always work with towels and curtains

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

These are great. I just got some at World Market for $4.99 each and love them!