8.21.2012

A is for...

... a new towel in my kitchen.  A few months back West Elm had these super cute hand towels on sale and I had to have one.  They didn't have the monogram I wanted so I decided to make my own.

I used some fabric medium mixed with black paint


and some trusty stencils from the craft store 



And my West Elm hand towel turned personal in 5 minutes


It's the personal touches that make my rental apartment my own.



I just noticed that white bowl that's in the photo is empty again. Time to stock up at the farmers market before Summer is over. So sad it's coming to and end soon.  School starts next week!


12 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Love it! Nothing better than a quick and cute project to perk up the kitchen! :)

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

I have the same towels and I forbid anyone from using them :)

Unknown said...

Adorable!!

Katie of At Home When Im With You said...

Great idea! Would be good as a hostess gift too :) Love it!
-Katie

Anonymous said...

I love this easy project!! So a simple way to add a touch of your own style.

Jenna at Homeslice said...

Simple, it looks great! I love the towel too... beautiful.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

You are so great with all the little details. Will you ever graduate?

Stephanie Sabbe said...

Blog is lookin' good! And love those towels! "S" please

Anonymous said...

How creative! Nice work :)

xo
peacelovedecor.com

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Love this idea!

Barbara Matson said...

I bought that towel at West Elm too and one with a monogram but I am afraid to hang them up. I can just see my husband drying his bike grease covered hands on them, or my son with his dirt smudged hands. So they sit politely in the cabinet.

I had no idea you rented too!

Kim @ Plumberry Pie said...

nicely done!