8.27.2013

Book Review: Tom Scheerer Decorates

I often see emails for new design books coming out, some catch my interest but most don't.  I have limited bookcase space, so I only get books I can learn from and that will be valuable when I'm finished school and have clients of my own.  But when I heard that Mimi Read was coming out with Tom Scheerer Decorates I just had to get my hands on it!
 
 
 
This book is surely a new go-to on my shelf.  His ability to put together color and pattern, paired with classic shapes and forms is outstanding!  There are plenty of those bright, bold colors that I'm completely smitten with, but he uses them in a way that's totally understated. Its just the right amount of over the top without crossing that crazy line. 








That Tom Scheerer has me enamored and this book will be read over and over again. That is for sure!


(Photos The Vendome Press by Francesco Lagnese)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OH I keep seeing so many good things about this book! I think I need to add it to my coffee table collection ASAP!

Vel Criste said...

Thanks for the tip! With what's here so far, I'm sure to grab my copy soon!

scone said...

His work is so human, with it's little imperfections. Notice the pink curtains, the left one looks like it has been dry-cleaned, and has shrunk. The right one is a little dirty on the bottom-- I wonder why it wasn't done at the same time? LOL, it's quite endearing, really.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

This one is on my wish list for sure.