8.30.2013

presto chango

I'll start by saying that I know I'm not an artist.  I've tried my hand at painting and quickly realized that I should leave it to the professionals.  But, when my husband told me he was moving to a new office that had no windows and was seriously lacking in some character and color I just had to do something. 
 
Now he doesn't work at this office everyday. He travels a lot and works from home most days.  But when he does go into the corporate office to work, it's depressing to say the least. I can see why he stays away. 
Case and point...
 
...this lovely Ikea "art" is what he had to put in his office.  I took one look at it and knew it had to go.  The Ikea pop art just wasn't jiving with the other stuff he had to hang on the walls.
 
So one Sunday afternoon he tempted me with lunch if I helped him spruce up his space.  I packed a can of primer, few bottles of cheapo paint and some brushes and set out for a quick presto-chango art job.
 
First I took the pop art outside and used the can of primer to cover everything

Those bright colors took an entire can of primer!

I decided on using just green and whipped up a few different shades and tones of the green paint I had. 
A few relaxed brush strokes later and this is what I had... scribbles. 

 
Now I understand this is not professional art here. 
But, it is much better than the before, no?
At least I think so, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
 
 
What matters is that my husband thinks it's an improvement, and that's what counts.
Plus it breaks up the sea of white going on in there.

 
Lunch in exchange for a 30 minute paint job, I think that's a good trade.
 
Have a good long weekend everyone!!

6 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

I think it looks great, and I love the color you used. So much happier.

Kayla aka Kilo Bravo said...

I think simple projects like these are the best! Love those vivid greens!

My Interior Life said...

Much better! Green is good!

Rebecca Corvese said...

I love the creativeness! Happy Labor Day weekend!

Rebecca

for the love of a house said...

I think you deserve another lunch cuz this turned out great! Love the look. My favorite part is that the husband went from liking the Ikea "art" to wanting real art! You are training him well:) And from one who's had one in training;) for the last 25 years- that's a good thing! Dan has a great eye now and it's so much fun to shop together.
xxojoan

Anonymous said...

It's sweet that your husband told you he liked that.