7.31.2013

search word jackpot

I have this fantasy that I will open up Craigslist one day and everything that I've ever looked for will pop up within one mile of me, all for great prices of course.  Oh and they can all be delivered to my doorstep. 
 
Right now at the top of my Craigslist search is a set of pretty brass (or any metal really, but brass is tops) chairs.  By set, I'd like 2 arm chairs OR 6 dining chairs.  Also, it would be like picking the Power Ball number if they were covered in some delicious, perfect condition velvet or leather.  But I wont push it, those changes I can make with a trip to the upholsterer, I just want the chairs.    I have no place for these chairs, but if I found them I'm sure I could find space.
 
Look how pretty they look!

 Those floors?!?  I would LOVE for floors like those! Not to mention those windows, the shelves, and the blue doorway!


via

 via


 

 via
 
 



What do you think? Are metal chairs for you?

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Anything brass is definitely for me!! I scored a set of four at an antique shop of nothing...fingers crossed you will find a set!!! They are so gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I have definitely been looking for the same things on the Boston Craigslist but don't want a whole set...if I come across anything like it I will send it your way :)

Vel Criste said...

Funny, I scour Craigslist for anything brass or marble too!!!! Love all the chairs and hope that 'genie of good coincidence 'yours shows up to grant your wish!

Kim said...

Would love a pop of one or two of these ... I am loving the shine!! xo

Stephanie Sabbe said...

love all of these!

charmaine said...

You'll find one, just be patient! I scored six chrome cantilever chairs in mint condition including upholstery. Probably my fave score so far.

Carrie said...

That is a great fantasy. And some pretty awesome chairs, too.

Sarah said...

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/hsh/3968046469.html

Here is set of 4 in Charlotte. Interesting lines, but reupholstering would be a must.

Sarah's Fab Day said...

Yes, I adore them! My parents have six leather and chrome Brnos at their dining table, I covet them every time I'm at their house.

Jessica Young said...

Wow!I was also thinking of a metal chair for our dinning... Just have to pick the best one! Good luck to me! Great post by the way.

Laura@JourneyChic said...

Gorgeous - love the ones in the first image because they look so comfortable. The ones with the metal arms...not so much. I worry those would hurt if my arms were on them for very long.

Kate said...

I also have the same craigslist dream -- mine always involves a brass bar cart :)

ps: hope you can make that boston bloggers meet up -- I'd love to see you!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

And in my dream you find out that it is actually not near you, but near me. So you email me the listing and I say "thanks Lindsay!"

Sweet Peas Design said...

I'm just obsessed with that blue doorway! But really all the pictures and all the chairs are fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing!