7.23.2013

Fit for second first love

Since the birth of the new Royal Baby, the whole world has baby fever.  Not going to lie I have been following the news of the new Prince, but I've also been thinking of another special baby. My best friend, Erin, is pregnant and her baby is set to arrive in early January!

Obviously as soon as I heard the news I got to work on planning the nursery.  Yes, I'm that crazy friend that sends daily emails with a million nursery ideas.  Much to my dismay, she isn't finding out the sex of the baby.  So my job is coming up with a gender neutral nursery fit for a he OR she. 

Erin has a boxer named Harley, that she already thinks is her child.  She has actually said she loves him so much she feels like she birthed him (crazy dog people I'm sure can relate, yes? no?).   To say that she loves him is an understatement. Anyway,  I felt it was only fitting to make him a big part of her new human baby nursery and this is what I came up with


I love, love, love the Osborne & Little Best in Show wallpaper but I really wanted to use just Boxers.  A little creativity later and I came up with is special Boxer wallpaper that I'm calling First Love.  

The drawer pulls on the dresser/changing table aren't bows, they are bones!  How adorable?

Hawaii is near and dear to Erin and her husband so I felt I needed to add a little color to the space in the form of this watercolor map- I love that it adds color while staying gender neutral.

The rest of the items are those typical nursery things: a crib, rocker, some toys and lighting for those late night feedings that are sure to be plenty.

I'm sure there will be many more rounds of the game I call "hey what do you think of this nursery idea?"  But this was a solid start and one I hope I can recreate for my already loved niece or nephew!

10 comments:

Sadie + Stella said...

Omg I could not be anymore in love with this design if I tried. Obsessed!

srldesign said...

I love love love this! Especially the wallpaper and gingham rug.

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

I love that you made it so personal to them. Plus, that wallpaper ROCKS.

Lilacandgrey said...

nursery designing is super fun!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Love this room. Boxer paper would be really fun, but the mix of dogs means everyone loves everyone!

Unknown said...

This is adorable. I love it all. I might have to say that I feel like I birthed my Beaufie too.. I love him that much:)

Erin aka lady who birthed her dog ;) said...

Amazing Linds.. like always. So lucky to have you xo love this!!

pastsoon said...

For those of us who adore our furry children ~ It's easy to relate! Congrats to your good friend Erin. I think it's very cool (& brave) for her to wait on knowing the sex of her soon to arrive child, Will Boxer have a baby brother or sister, which will Boxer have? Which do you want boy? Oh, sorry, that's the crazy dog person in me coming out (but I bet Erin understands)! Awesome nursery ideas and please tell us, what do you use to make such fun little design boards? Super cute and totally effective!!!!

Unknown said...

So darling! Those bones pull are over the top.

Kelly R. said...

So cute, Lindsay! I will have to show you a picture of the Roman shades in my son's room. You will see we are on the same wavelength :). Oh, and love the Hawaii map - and love decorating with maps in general!