3.21.2013

Happy Art

Happy Menocal has made its way around the internet before, so this is nothing brand spankin' new.  But I just keep coming back to their illustrations over and over.  They have remained some of my favorite over the years.  Their custom heraldry has got to be some of the most artistic and creative out there.
 

I always like to check out their site for new illustrations. When I looked today I saw them in a different way. I love the everydayness about them.  Is that even a word?  They make a scary shark look like its smiling, or a family pet look like a prince or princess

In college I studied abroad in Spain and bull fights are just part of the life there.  This Matador might be my new obsession.  My gallery wall is filled with meaningful things and this print just has to find a way up there.
Hopefully the husband reads this post today. Hint, hint.




16 comments:

Jessie said...

i LOVE that print. i hope your husband is reading. :)

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

How have I missed this?! That print would look wonderful in your house Mr. LEB. Just saying. :)

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

I love the crests. I think a custom crest would be so cool to hang in an entryway.

pve design said...

I love how happy happy's work is....
pve

Katy | Kate Decorates said...

I love the print! Hope you get it! ;) I'm eyeing all the sharks on the site!!!

High Cotton Style said...

I have been in love with all of these for a while! I NEED some!

Unknown said...

Happy Menocal is one of my favorites! I just love every single one of the illustrations. That matador is pretty fabulous though, would definitely make a gallery wall complete!

Dominique
{ComfyCozyCouture.blogspot.com}

Unknown said...

Omg..loved this..its so sweet and cute..:)
kiddicare

Unknown said...

Loved all these prints..:)
hope your hubby will take a look on it
Android Developer

designchic said...

Such great illustrations - love the coastal prints!!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

You are right...Happy Art! I need to check out the site right now...

Happy weekend!

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

These are stunning! I love the octopus-i think cause he's green ;)

Padgett Hoke said...

Those crests are so fun! I may need to go check some of their things out!

Prippy Handbook said...

Happy is the BEST!

Years ago, she did a pet portrait that I gave to my (now) husband for our first Christmas together. Years later, she ddesigned our wedding invitations. We love the crest she designed and we still use it! She is a delightful person and amazing to work with!

Unknown said...

so cute. Ilove the whimsical tones to all of this. thanks for sharing!
xo Nancy
Powellbrower

Nuha said...

The monogrammed illustrations are so cute! I'd absolutely love one for my daughters nursery :-) Hope you get your hands on one! xo