8.15.2012

Scrapbook Wall

Part of my updated gallery wall was peaking out in my post on Monday, so I thought I'd share pictures with you all on how it stands today.

As a refresher, this is what it looked like for the LONGEST time because someone I live with hated the idea of a gallery wall.  I won't name names.


And here is where it stands today


It is close to impossible to get a good photo of this wall.  It's in a hallway, there is zero natural light , and the fact that I don't have a go go Gadget camera to get the right shot makes things difficult.

I think of this wall as evolving, because it's constantly changing.  I'm always taking something down and tweaking it, or adding something new.  Each piece in this wall is meaningful and that's what I love about it.  Here are some of my favorites:

You can see more detail about certain pieces in the following links: PVE elephant art, Blue Boy, quote from my Grampy, Ork Poster, and the Handfasting cord


I guess you could call my gallery wall a scrapbook of sorts.  That's my new name for it, the Scrapbook Wall.

Tell me, do you have a Scrapbook wall or even a piece of art that brings back wonderful memories?

13 comments:

pve design said...

Yeh, I made the LEB wall of fame or hall of fame....
looks great!
pve

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

I love it! And I love that everything has personal meaning - it makes it even better. My gallery wall is in the hallway as well and I smile every time I walk by it because of the personal things we included. Great job!!

April of Smidge Of This said...

I'm so happy to see this post because I am working on our very first gallery wall at this moment! It's been fun bringing together special items and also adding in some new & vintage finds. If it goes up on the wall easily enough, I'll do a post about it :)

Question - do you find that the wall is easy to add more frames to, or do you suggest going ahead and mapping it all out and keeping it that way to prevent asymmetry?

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Love! So special and not just pics..great idea

LindsB said...

April, I kind of just went for it, I had no real plan. I started out with a TON of stuff to put up there and I had to edit a few things out. I did lay out everyhting on my family room floor to get a sense of what I wanted to go where, but from there I just started hammering away and went for it :)

Unknown said...

I have two scrapbook type walls. Our stairwell has become my gallery. Art pieces that are all sizes and funky by me or other artists (predominately local to my area) are what adorns this one. And now with the birth of my son I have begun a family inspired one in our front entryway. I love it. Your wall looks amazing!! I aspire to have mine as such.

Laura@JourneyChic said...

Love the way you've mixed different colored frames, and non-matted and matted pictures. I've always been nervous about doing that but your hall is a great example of how a "mish-mash" of stuff can look really put together. Love the finished umbrella stand, too!

LindsB said...

Patricia, yours might be the most important piece up there! It was the inspiration for our wedding and means so much!!

StagerLinda said...

Love, love, love it! All the memories and your other inspirational pictures together where you can enjoy them every day.
Great wall. Great job.

Kim said...

Brilliant! I love the term scrapbook wall ... that's what life really is isn't it ... little pieces all woven together ... and now you can see them every day!! xo

lisa mende design said...

I love your wall and all the meanings behind it! Beautiful!

How2home said...

beautiful wall!

casey at loft and cottage said...

Your gallery so MAKES that space! I'd love to do this, especially with all the sentimental items like you've included in yours.