4.01.2013

Using what you have

Well, that was a little break huh?  One day turned into one week and I had not blogged. Some days I'm lacking in creativity and I just don't know what to post.  Blogging has changed so much over the years that i feel like my posts have to be original and new just to keep up.  I have to keep reminding myself why I started blogging and just get back into the rhythm of it.  Anyway, enough of that for this morning.

A few weeks ago I met with a potential client who needed help with her kids room.  Long story short, she ended up not needing as much help as she thought so she didn't need my services.  But we are close in age and she has adorable kids so maybe a friendship is what was meant to come out of it! 

Before I even met her she had said she was moving her kids into one room, a boy and a girl, and she was hoping to work with the lavender gingham drapes she already had.  Music to my ears, I love gingham and I've wanted to pair red and lavender together for a long time now.  Here is what I came up with when I was feeling creative
I'm loving the lavender and red together here, hopefully one day I can design a kids bedroom using these colors!


14 comments:

pve design said...

I posted that wonderful glass half full you etched for me last week and got so many wonderful comments.
I love your posts and find your style is fresh and fun.
What a fun room for any boy or girl.
pve

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

I think the lavender and red together is a hit. It works soo well and those yellow lamps are a cherry on top. Super fab my friend!

StagerLinda said...

I never thought about lavender and red. Winning Combo! Cute room. Great job.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I like this, and would use it if my kids were younger. My daughter won't move passed purple. Maybe this would be an alternative for her.

Unknown said...

Ummm might be my new favorite color combination!! I love what you put together!!

Dominique {ComfyCozyCouture.blogspot.com}

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Love this color combo! I've had purple in all shades on my mind these last couple of weeks. I especially love it when paired with a red or orange.

Unknown said...

Great work...loved the room
kiddicare

Unknown said...

Loved the color selection..i admire you for this work
kiddicare

Stephanie Sabbe said...

I LOVE this!!! If I had a girl I would totally steal every idea. SO cute

Anonymous said...

LOVE the purple gingham with the red pom pom trim. Seriously love. Cutest, freshest window treatment I've seen in a while!

Mandy Mae said...

I just love pairing softer pastels with red, and so many of them work! Lavendar, mint, pale yellow, even pink is perfect with red!

Can you source the beds? I am looking for some great beds for my twins!

designchic said...

Would have never thought of this combination, but I love it - perfect for a child's room!!

Anonymous said...

I love this color palette!! This really makes me want to redecorate.

LindsB said...

Mandy Mae- I waited to answer because I went back and searched and searched to see where I found those beds and I cant seem to find them. I am so sorry! I'll keep looking and if I find where I got them I'll email you!