2.21.2013

Important Stations

While working on my One Room Challenge I got to thinking about what areas of the kitchen are important to me and what "stations" I needed to create and tidy up.  If I'm being honest here the two areas that were at the top of my list was the bar and the coffee area.  I really should just have two IV stations set up. Just kidding. Not really.
 
Anyway back to the point, with limited counter space (more like none) giving up even a small area must be for an important reason.  Luckily my Nespresso machine takes up little space.  Even so everything I need should be within reach. Sugar, the pods, cups, etc should all be right there.
 
Looking for inspiration I went in search of some pretty coffee station set ups.  Here are my top favs
 
Rue Magazine
 
Better Homes & Gardens

Martha Stewart
 
Martha Stewart's coffee station, might be my favorite ever.  I'm green with envy over her kitchen.

Midwest Living
 
Better Homes & Gardens
 
 
This one is built in, so fancy.  But that little tray below is adorable.  Maybe one day I'll have my own Miele espresso maker built into my cabinets. One day.
 
Tell me, what are your important stations in the kitchen?
 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love all these images and would love this nook for myself. Dying over that last image and the marble on the wall! hope all is well :)

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

I like the first one the best...it's so cute. There's something about smaller and less fancy that I like better.

Have a good day!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Oh that Martha. She's got a future I think. :) I would LOVE a coffee station in our kitchen. I don't drink it but my hubs does and leaves his coffee crap everywhere. One day, when we have more space this is going to be a must have!

Anonymous said...

Coffee & bar are obviously my top priorities too :) I dream of the day when I have more than 2x2 feet of counterspace!!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Have you ever priced those suckers? Seriously....crazy money. I looked into it, and could not justify the cost. I bought the Nespresso frother, and I am good to go.

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

What a luxury that would be! The stations in my current kitchen are fridge, sink, and stove :)

René said...

Coffee stations are very important. Now you have me wanting to do something with mine.

Unknown said...

Wow, that coffee station, an important piece where you can produce your favorite cappuccino. Gives me an idea to build my own coffee bar with
Frosted Glass
.

Matters of Style said...

Gosh those are all in my "one day" file now! And considering my husband drinks 4 cups of coffee every morning, he would agree!

Milliscent Morgan said...

Definitely I like the atmosphere and style of following kitchen photos, I'm truly impressed from it when I see kitchen design using interior glass doors. Thank you!