1.29.2013

Not your kids canopy Bed

When I first moved into my apartment I was not sure how long we were going to stay so major design changes kind of never happened.  Well almost 5 years later I wish I had just gone with my gut and made things pretty from the start.  Life lesson for the next place, that's for sure.

One of those things I have always wanted was a canopy bed.  We have high ceilings so installing some kind of canopy, weather a full canopy or just one behind the headboard, would have made my bedroom so cozy during the long winter months.  I also wish I bought that awesome Ikea Hemnes bed when they had it for sale.  Damn you Ikea, ,why do you get rid of all the amazing stuff everyone loves? (Another MAJOR Ikea bummer is that they no longer sell the Fira or Moppe, WTF I need a pair SO BAD!?!)
Photobucket
Anyway, there are lots of different styles of canopy beds.  I honestly don't prefer one over the other, they are all pretty in their own installations.

Photobucket
You can find all these images and hardware for these installations HERE

Just look at all the different ways a canopy brings a cozy feeling to a bedroom

Photobucket
Veranda Magazine, Ruthie Sommers Design, Photo by Francesco Lagnese
 
Photobucket
House Beautiful, Miles Redd Design, Photo by James Merrell
 
Photobucket
Lonny Mag, Michelle Adams Bedroom
 
Photobucket
via Houzz
 
Photobucket
House Beautiful, Windsor Smith Design, Photo by Victoria Pearson
 
Photobucket
Elle Decor
 
Photobucket
Elle Decor 
Photobucket
Elizabeth Dinkel Design Associates

Photobucket
Barrie Benson Design
 
Photobucket
David Hicks
 
Photobucket
Source unknown
 
Photobucket
Anne Hepfer Design

I guess it just goes to show you with design you shouldn't wait.  Make that bedroom pretty today because you never know when 1 year will turn into 5. 

11 comments:

Belle on Heels said...

Love it all!

Laurie said...

Dreamy....canopy's ever since I was little.

Unknown said...

my Mom always had a canopy bed - so it brings me to childhood - i would DEF do a canopy if i had a lil girl!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

when I was a little girl that was the #1 thing I coveted. My cousin had one, I thought it was so princess like:)

Unknown said...

I agree, and so many clients put their own MBR's last on the list. Everyone deserves a retreat! These are great shots, and thanks for the source link.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

pve design said...

My childhood friend had one and I always love how they look. I wonder if there is a more mod version and less princessy~
pve

CLP said...

Like you I love a good canopy bed. And like you I could kick myself for not scooping up the Ikea Hemnes Poster bed when it was available. I have however found a similar bed that I LOVE even more. Too bad the it's not priced the same as that elusive ikea bed: http://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/product/detail.do?productGroup=24505

Once I save up for this, I will most likely lose sleep over which of the fun colors to choose!

Loretta Fontaine (EcoHappy Blog) said...

Linds- Too true with the time passing! Those beds are SO romantic!

Loretta

Unknown said...

I love a canopy bed! They make you feel so special and princess-like!

xo,
Caroline
www.lcbstyle.com

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

I would feel like a princess in any of these!

Unknown said...

Wonderful ideas of canopy beds. I have however found a similar bed that I Love even more.....See more here

Regards
Nathan