12.14.2012

Upgraded Brown Paper Packages

Like other Christmas crazy folks out there each year I plan a different color palette for my decorations and wrapping.  This year I decided to go back to an old standard, red, green, silver, gold & tartan!  I start searching for ideas for tree skirts, mantle decor and wrapping paper early in November.  Yes, I am totally that crazy lady asking the folks at Homegoods when the Christmas wrapping paper is going to hit shelves.

I purchased early and planned out my wrapping combination.  I had red faux crocodile, silver stag heads, candy cane print and gold faux bois.  

 
But after putting them all together I realized something was missing... something more than just ribbon.  It was green wrapping paper!  After hitting the stores again I just couldn't find what I was looking for, a matte paper with a simple green pattern.  A DIY project was in order, I had to make my own.

Polka dots!!

I had left over wrapping paper from last year, so using Frog Tape I secured it to my desk with the plain white side up.

Using an existing stamp I had on hand, I simply glued a small round rubber dot on the other end
 
 
I used my favorite Evergreen Color Box stamp pad. The name seemed Christmas appropriate

 With my single polka dot stamp I went to town stamping all over the sheet of wrapping paper.  A smart person might go out and get one of those polka dot sheet stamps, but I used what I had.
 
All done!!

I didn't let the first sheet dry long enough and ended up with green hands.  So do yourself a favor and let this dry overnight, if not longer so the ink is good and set.

Check back next week to see my packages all wrapped up in this festive green polka dot paper.  But to hold you over till then here is a little sneak peek I posted on Instagram (you should follow me if you don't already, everythingLEB)

 
10 more shopping days till Christmas!!


7 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

You know I love a good polka dot :)

pve design said...

I love how excited you get when you get an idea. You are always "spot on" perfect!
Happy weekend.
pve

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Now I feel like the worst gift giver ever. This was a great idea. I'll bookmark it for next year.

Kim said...

Your polka dots added the perfect punch!! Love the theme!! xo

Belle on Heels said...

Hey hey, what size tablecloth did you use for your tree skirt project? Thanks!!

LindsB said...

Sarah, I used a 60" round tablecloth. It was cotton so I washed and dried it before I started sewing and it shrunk a ton. If you are going to wash and dry, I might suggest a 70" if you can find one :) I cant wait to see yours!

Laura Trevey said...

Oh, how adorable ~ love polka dot anything!!!