12.18.2012

Christmas is here

I still cant believe in less than a week it will be Christmas morning!  Where has the time gone?  With all that's going on in the world today, I cant wait to have some time off to be with my family in New Hampshire.

I got my family room floor cleaned up of my wrapping station just in time to take a few photos of my decor.  I'll be posting them all week, sharing a different portion each day.  But today I figured I would start at the most logical place to start, the front door.

Eddie Ross can do no wrong when it comes to DIY and decorating, he really has an eye for putting the most beautiful things together.  Obvi it was no surprise I loved the recent spread in Country Living of his house, and in particular his front door.  I decided to recreate his jingle bell door and make my own

 
I had every intention of taking photos of how I made this, but I finished so quickly I completely forgot.  The gist of it: 
I bought 7 gold bells from Pier 1.
Used red ribbon to string them on till they resembled a bunch.
Tied a bow at the top and hung on my front door.
 
It's such a joyful sound every time the door opens or closes, a reminder of that magical Christmas spirit.



4 comments:

Kim said...

Sometimes it is the simplest of decorations that make me smile the most ... I love the sound of the jingle bells!! xo

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

That makes me smile - I love it. And I love the noise it must make every time someone opens the door. A good way to come home each day!

Barbara Matson said...

Now I know what to do with a package of bells I have!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

Love it! very very cute and so different than the usual stuff!