8.13.2012

painted corners

It only took me a few months but I finally finished the umbrella stand my Dad made me.  The last time I showed you all the stand it looked something like this


I painted it white but unable to make any decisions about what else to do, it sat unfinished in my hallway for a long time.  Last week I finally made a decision and wanted to get some brass corners to fancy it up. Of course the brass corners I had my heart set on were out of my price range.
 
So I improvised and painted my own brass corners.




It certainly has been getting a lot of use with all the rain we've had this Summer.  I'm happy my much needed umbrellas have a pretty home now.


17 comments:

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

Brilliant! The painted corners are the perfect touch.

Katie of At Home When Im With You said...

Love that little exta detail :)

Kim said...

Very Clever Linds!! xo

StagerLinda said...

The painted corners look perfect! (Such precision!) I love your gallery wall, too.

Kate {domestikatedlife} said...

You are SO crafty! That looks awesome.

Matters of Style said...

Looks great!!!

Gloria said...

I love the faux metal corners - what a cute idea!

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh, it is so fabulous!! I would have sworn that the corners were hardware because they are so precise.

Stephanie Sabbe said...

I love this! Watch out Little Green Notebook:)

pve design said...

it is the details that make the difference!
pve

Elizabeth said...

Love this craft project! Fun and easy.

Erin | Holtwood Hipster said...

Love how this turned out! Very clever solution!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

So smart! I love it!!

Lilacandgrey said...

LOVE!!
Lilac and Grey

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Well, what I really want to say is not printable....so I will say, I hate how you just made that look so crazy easy. I will be stealing this one.

LindsB said...

Linda thats the best compliment, you are too funny!

How2home said...

Clever! painted corners looks beautiful!