7.24.2012

Pillow Bling Arrangement

Now that I have two new Euro shams for my bed I started thinking about how I should style them.  There are so many different ways pillows can be styled and I don't think I ever really thought too hard about it, only because my bed is hardly ever made.  But now that I'm getting new pillows and investing in having them monogrammed, I figured it was time to be a big girl and get my bed in order.  This pillow arrangement board (from Roost Home) has made its way around Pinterest and really is helpful


But it still leaves me with some questions on the look I want for my own bed.

Do I want my pillows...
Layered OR stacked?
Mix and match OR matchy-matchy?
Minimalist OR maximalist?
Crazy color OR white on white?
Casual OR formal?

I went on a pillow search and here are some of my top inspiration photos











Since I only have 2 Euro pillows for my bed the last one might be the winner, but clearly I'm still not sure.  I get my new shams in the mail on Friday and then off they go to get monogrammed.  Look out for my new bed in a couple of weeks!!

How do you arrange the pillows on your bed??


(photos from: BHG, Caldwell Flake, Cathy Kincaid, Cottages & Gardens, BHG, BHG, Eric Cohler, Lonny Mag, Palmer Weiss, and Lonny Mag.)

12 comments:

James Henry said...

Neat arrangements and most of all the colors of the fabric are charming! Great work. Thanks for posting, check out also our 3D Rendering

heather (love your space) said...

funny, my post today is about minimizing bed pillows and just using pretty standard pillow shams and pillowcases! I'll be rounding up tons of great sheeting options for mix and match fun this week. check it out if you need cases for additional pillows.

StagerLinda said...

The pictures are very inspirational. I say there are never enough pillow on my bed. L-O-V-E 'em. I like everything but the bolster. I use bolsters for staging. The look nice but are heavy and have to be placed exactly.

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

If there are rules on this procedure I would love to learn them. I go back and forth on how many and in what order to place the pillows. Presently, I do not have Euro size pillows to work with, although I love them. Everyday I try new "looks"! Have no favorites! Just go by the way I feel while tossing them about.
Patty

Unknown said...

This is bedding day in blogland! I did a post today on bedding, and was looking for a diagram like Roost did, but didn't find it. Thanks for rounding out the pillow scheme. I love a nice arrangement but not so many that the bed is covered up.
Nancy
http://www.powellbrower.com/2012/07/what-your-bed-says-about-you.html

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

I've been switching mine around in all sorts of ways recently. I'm currently on standard arrangement #3. So far I'm liking it very much.

Ann said...

(1) I start by laying down two standard pillows in the pillowcases that we sleep on. I turn them so that the seamed edge is on the outside, so it looks tidier. (2) I then place one standard pillow in a sham to match my duvet on top of each sleeping pillow. This covers up all of the wrinkles on the pillowcases. (3) Now I center and lean two Euro shams in a different fabric against the stack of standard pillows. (4) Finally, I place a neckroll in a different fabric in front of the two Euro shams. I like the mix of fabrics, and how tidy it looks because the pillows that are slept on are well camouflaged by the other pillows that are strictly for decoration.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Oh, I need this, too!! Thanks for the inspiration images.

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

arranging pillows is my weakest point, I never know what to do with them!

Barbara Matson said...

This post reminds me about a scene from Along Came Polly-have you seen it? It is when Ben Stiller's character takes off about 10 throw pillows from his bed!

I for one like them on the bed, my husband does not, so I have 4 pillows, just with white pillow cases, then 2 18" square throw pillows and a lumbar in front. WHen hubs gets into bed he pushes them all onto my side!

Heather Moore Grahling | Vivid Hue Home said...

love these images! I love a fully stacked bed full of pillows and shams! Makes me want to just jump right into a bed!

Nicole Scott said...

The last photo is my fave. I guess I prefer more MORE MORE pillows. good to know:) Can't wait to see it all finished. It's going to be amazing.