6.12.2012

color me timber

While daydreaming about my future kitchen I got a little sidetracked (thanks to that rabbit hole Pinterest) and started thinking about other details of what I wanted my future home to look like. 

White moulding is pretty standard (or if you are like my Dad, you think stained wood trim is the only trim that should exist), but I really think I want to take some risks and go bold.  Like lots of color bold and paint some moulding and woodwork a fun color.  What do you think, am I crazy? 

Before you answer that, here is some of my current inspiration

Cottage Living

Harpers Bazaar

Katie Ridder

Katie Ridder
 
Lindsay Coral Harper

Meg Braff

unknown, anyone know?

Miles Redd

MMR Interiors

MMR Interiors

Unknown, anyone know?



I guess if I chicken out I could always paint a door a fun color, right?  It could be a way of getting ready for all that colorful moulding.

Hmmm decisions, decisions.  Now I just need a place to paint.



6 comments:

Brandi@ Flights of Whimsy said...

I've been trying to think of something to make my small entry pop and you've just inspired me! Great inspiration!

Katie of At Home When Im With You said...

Loving the blue office and the citron pocket door- so unique!!
Katie
-Athomewhenimwithyou.blogspot.com

Meghan said...

have you seen Bailey at Peppermint Bliss's home? Just featured on Design Sponge last week....she's a master at non-traditional painted trim. I think it would be fantastic!

pve design said...

love love love that bottom image with the bright door.
love how you make me think out of the box.
pve

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

I've been dying to paint the trim in my windows a color, like in your first image. I just need to get the courage (and time) to do it!! Love the pics. :)

gothic lolita dresses said...

All the places are awesome!Such amazing inspiration!