7.07.2011

Miss me?

Hello lovelies.  Miss me?  I know I am a bad blogger and have been away far too long.  Remember that pesky little cyst that decided to burst last year?  Well it got bigger and it was time to have it removed.  So back on the 20th I went in for a little surgery to have it removed and have been resting and taking it easy since.

I have LOTS of blogs to catch up on, my reader is out of control!  I also have lots of things to post about, but it's going to take me some time to get them all sorted out- lots of work to do!

In the meantime I wanted to share with you some photos I took from a recent day trip.  The husband and I were craving some real Maine lobster, so we hopped in the car and drove up to Kennebunkport, Maine for the day.


mmmm, the hubby's fresh Maine lobster

I went for the lazy girls version, and just had a lobster roll

The view from the restaurant was stunning. As you can tell from the following photos,  I was having a good time playing with all the functions on our little camera.




On the way home we decided to drive down Ocean Drive - the houses are out of control amazing!  There is even one famous house on Walker's Point


The Bush family compound

Clearly the President was home because his boat was out and there were secret service EVERYWHERE. 


The hubby was getting such a kick out of seeing the secret service that he made us sit there for a good 10 minuets to watch.  Wouldn't you know it, cars started leaving the compound and all of a sudden the President and Laura were driving right by us!   Many cars in the entourage and lots of jacked secret service men, but Laura still looked over and waved!  Supporter of the President or not, it was pretty cool to see him in the flesh.

All in all it was a beautiful day and not a cloud in the sky.  I can't wait to get back up to Maine soon so I can enjoy some real Maine lobster on the ocean soon.

15 comments:

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

Great photos...my mouth is watering over that lobster roll! xx

Holly said...

ooo, I had a ruptured cyst once and it is NOT a fun situation. I'm sure that lobster roll made up for it though!

Laura@JourneyChic said...

Welcome back! Hope you're feeling better! Kennebunkport is so pretty; we went last year for a long weekend. I haven't had a lobster roll yet this summer and that picture is making my mouth water!

Design Esquire said...

I'm sorry to hear that you had to have surgery. Hopefully you're starting to feel better! I went to Kennebunkport a few years ago and it was so much fun. It looks like you guys had a fun time too! And that's awesome that you got to see the President and Laura Bush.

Chyanne M. @ The Yuppie Lady said...

It's good to know your health is much better.

I luv the photos you took and the lobster roll made my moth water. Yum Yummy!

Danika Herrick said...

Glad you are feeling better and got to escape a bit! I'm heading to Kennebunkport to attend a shower Saturday. Its so pretty up there!

A Perfect Gray said...

hope you are feeling better! donna

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

ooh glad to see you back and happy to hear everything is ok. Have a nice rest and I look forward to everything you have ready for us.
Beautiful pics! One day I would love to visit that bit
xo

pve design said...

But yes of course you were missed! I hope you are feeling fine and thanks for sharing the photos of Maine.
We were there last Summer and loved every moment.
pve

April of Smidge Of This said...

We missed you! That lobster roll looks absolutely amazing, by the way. I've never had one and I'm dying to try it!

kad445 said...

What was the name of the restaurant you went to? I want to eat that lobster roll! Well, not that specific lobster roll, but another one just like it. YUM!

Bravehearted Beauty {formerly LLH Designs} said...

I'm in Maine right now, so this was fun to read. My 19th summer here. The most beautiful place to spend summer days!

Xo,
Linsey

for the love of a house said...

We drove by the Bushes' not too long ago too, but didn't get a sighting! love Kennebunkport!

hope you're feeling better!
joan

carolina postcard said...

looks like so much fun and I'm drooling over that lobster roll!

Anonymous said...

KenneybunkPort is amazing place !
Maine it's treasure of place to discover .

I leave here since 5 years , i love and enjoy the coastal life!

Laurette
Maine