1.13.2011

its not easy being...

...GREEN

I've decided that I need a little green in my life. 


Here is the color scheme in my family room now- minus the rug, couch and other little things in the space, this is the general feel.  I need some green, don't you think?

I went through my inspiration files and found all of these green images to be calling my name

Yes, yes and YES!!  I am obsessed with all the colors and patterns and textures here.  I love everything about this room (well I take that back, minus the album covers above the windows- I could do with out those)

Just a hint of green here

Green on the stool and green on the couch, speaking of I really like the color of the couch here

Pretty country entrance- I NEED that green chair

Pink and green- such a pretty combo here

Green couch, I think I've covered that I love green couches already.  That's right, here is that post

Animal print AND green- I need it


Forget the green chairs, how about that view??


I really would LOVE an apple green velvet wing back chair



but since that's not in the cards right now (unless one turns up on craigslist magically ) I thought I would start with a few accessories.


How about a pillow?


YES, I think that is what I need

And so my search for the perfect apple green pillows starts. Want to know where my search ended about 10 minutes later? MY CLOSET!


Old cashmere sweater that I shrunk, Buhhhhh bye

and coming soon...new cashmere pillow!


(just as soon as I get the sewing machine out)



Sources: Country Living, Decorpad, House Beautiful, Palmer Weiss, and unknown (don't hate me, i'm sorry), and chairs from Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams

28 comments:

EJR said...

ug, I hate it when that happened. I just cleaned out my closet and found a couple of sweaters that had been run though the dryer

Anonymous said...

putting good vibes out into the craigslist world for your chair!

pve design said...

It will make a fab new pillow!
pve

Unknown said...

Loved this post! So funny and inspirational!

Sketch42 said...

OMG! Cant wait to see the new cashmere pillow! Awesome Idea babe!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Great idea with the sweater and love the color!

Julie said...

Green is so fun lately! I'm dying for a deep hunter green leather bag. Love your inspiration palette.

KSK said...

The green Palmer Weiss sofa is so awesome...I love how it's styled with the light blue and leopard pillows too. Can't wait to see the sweater-turned-pillow! I've never sewn knits before...is it tricky?

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

Green is a great choice! How can I get my hands on some of that Hot House fabric?! Oh how I would love some!

That first image is what I'm feeling these days...and yeah, without the album covers;-)

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

green is great! boo for shrunken sweaters...nothing worse than a crop top when it's cold.

Chic Coles said...

How fun is that you are going to make a pillow with just the color you were looking for. It is just so sad when that happens to a sweater. But giving it new life perfect.We liked the first room.

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

bring it on! cant wait to see it! I´ve shrunk several sweaters hahaha

charm home said...

Sorry about your sweater but glad it gives you an excuse to make a pretty green pillow. It's going to look great.

Rachel said...

You are too funny!! I think that sweater will make a fab pillow - but just in case, Ballard has a nice apple green velvet that they can make into a pillow for you too. They'll even monogram it. ;-)

I think some green will look great with what you have going on - you'll have to show us the results!

alison giese Interiors said...

Repurposing shrunken sweater to pillow is MY idea of "goin' green!" You're too cute!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I mean sad for your sweater but yay for a pillow! And YES that color green is my FAVE. Your living room NEEDS it.

Anonymous said...

good idea..going green with your green pillow by "recycling"...I have a celery green wool sweater that was shrunk that will become a pillow soon,too (when I finally find where I put it...)....show pics of the finished pillow...
maureen

Danielle Sigwalt Interiors said...

Totally cute picture of you and I was just about to say make your sweater into a pillow and then I scrolled down...heehee! xx Danielle

Kristie said...

Makes me feel great that those are the EXACT colors in my living room, and definitely LOVE them! Can't wait to see it all together :)

Living Livelier said...

ha - hilarious!
can't wait to see the new pillow!
:) deb

Anonymous said...

AND...I'm awarding you the "Stylish Blogger Award" for your inspiring and fab blog! This award is passed on from blogger to blogger. I received the award from someone, and I'm passing the award to you. Part of this award is to write seven things about yourself (in your blog post) and pass this award to 15ish other recently discovered blogs you think deserve this award too.

You can see my post and the link for the award here: http://www.inthetweeds.com/2011/01/14/blog-love-awww-shucks/

Megan said...

I got green throw pillows from pier 1 at a great price just like in picture 2; i love the way they add a pop of green to the room. (ps they call the color chive online) can't wait to see how your plans come along!!

Loretta Fontaine (EcoHappy Blog) said...

Linds- I notice all these greens are mossy. Lovely and lush mossy.

Your sweater's got the vibe, too. Can't wait to see the pillow in place!

I've just developed a green crush, too. http://www.applesandrubies.blogspot.com/2011/01/part-1-behind-scenes-table.html I wonder where it will take me.

Best, Loretta

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Love the cashmere pillow idea, it will be lovely! I'm imagining nice naps on that pillow...(c: The color is absolutely gorgeous and perfect for the new green obsession!

http://loveallthingsbrightandbeautiful.blogspot.com

April of Smidge Of This said...

I think your cashmere pillow idea is ingenious. Lemons to lemonade!

Rhiannon Bosse said...

You are so cute!! haha I think the sweater could work over a cami maybe? hehe I am loving green right now too! xo

Unknown said...

Recycling the sweater...genius idea. That emeraldy dark green and the leopard may be the most decadent and divine combo ever. Loves and agree on adding a touch o' green.

SHERRY HART said...

Don't leave us in suspense...get the sofa so we can see......and love that you are re-cycling the sweater!