12.28.2010

a little gold and silver love

Hello all! I hope each and every one of you had a wonderful Christmas!!  I can't believe that all my shopping, wrapping and getting ready for the big day has come and gone so quickly- it's kinda sad.

One more holiday left for this year and its New Year's of course! Here are my current favorite ideas for decorating last minute.  Don't forget to make use of those left over Christmas decorations too

Such a cute idea to use that leftover garland- Both the 2011 and the stir sticks were made with it

Decorate a tray full of champagne with left over ornaments- use a single color mixed with gold or silver to create a pretty New Year's look

A lovely spread full of yummy food and lots of bubbly!

Sparklers get a pretty upgrade with some cut out messages- much prettier display then just the plain sparkler boxes

Dress up store bought horns and noise makers with a pretty tray and some left over garland.  Store bought sweets look dressed up in gold or silver cupcake tins too

Basic white dishes with a simple silver New Year's banner make a simple yet beautiful display!


This year the fiance and I are hanging at home with lots of bubbly and Ryan Seacrest of course, but I might just decorate our place with a few of these easy ideas to get in the festive mood!

18 comments:

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Thanks for sharing these great ideas! HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Teresa
xoxo

charm home said...

Just got caught up on all of your DIY projects. My, you have been a busy little bee. I love all that you've done and I can't wait to see more of your bedroom. The bright orange is fab!!

I'll be staying in this New Year's Eve. No partying for this mommy-to-be. Hope you have a great one though! xo, C-

Ariane said...

I love the noisemaker display!

Karen said...

We are going out for New Year's this year, but I will have to remember the ideas with the garland, love that.

Happy New Year!

... said...

We're going out for New Year's this year, and I hope where we're going uses tips like these.

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

I love the first pix from Martha Stewart. Such a fun idea!

Happy 2011!

xo,
cristin

Kirsten Krason said...

I love them all! Great ideas. Now I just need to throw a party!

CECELIA said...

SO FAB! thanks for sharing!

April of Smidge Of This said...

Sparklers stuck in a vase of black eyed peas .... LOVE. What a fantastic idea!

Marianne said...

Just found your lovely blog! So happy I did. Love these ideas for NYE!

Anonymous said...

love these...great ideas! hope you had a merry christmas! wish I was up in boston but I hope to be up soon. maybe we can get together. oh, and i'm posting pics soon. i promise :)

Home Decor Accents said...

This decorated tray with champagne looks just sooo inviting! I really like this idea.
May I have a glass? ;)

Wish you a Happy New Year and lots of success for 2011
Paula Jo

Anonymous said...

love love that garland idea!!

Kate {domestikatedlife} said...

Love that blue room set up!

Hope you have a very happy new year :)

Jen said...

I'm loving all of the NYE inspiration! I'm a new follower - found you on BonBon Rose Girls - and look forward to reading more!

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Love the ornaments on the tray! It makes me sad that Christmas ornaments are so under used. Thinking about putting some on a cake stand and letting them have their due for a few more weeks.

carlee {deliciously organized} said...

I love all these ideas. Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Happy 2011!!! All the best for you! XoXo