1.03.2011

Starting on the write foot

Hello everyone and Happy New Year!! 

I still have to pinch myself that it's 2011 and I can no longer say I'm getting married next year - it's next year already and now I get to say I'm getting married THIS YEAR!!  I know this is a decorating blog, so I won't make everyone yawn with lots of wedding posts...just a few here and there.  Since that's basically my life for the next 3 months.  So today starts Marriage Mondays!


I thought I would kick it off with whats been keeping busy with lately, the invitations.  More specifically the invite calligraphy. 

I'm working with the most talented calligrapher (who also happens to be a blogger) Janis from Navy Bean.
Janis is amazing to work with and sent me the most beautiful package with all these pretty samples of the writing styles she can do.  She does so many styles I had a hard time just picking one


Invitations really set the tone for the whole wedding and of course calligraphy is a big part of that.  I am 100% sure that when I get all of my envelopes back from Janis I will be beyond excited about the tone I've set for my wedding!


She can do everything from a traditional wedding font to something modern and different.

I'm not going to show you what style I chose just yet, you'll have to wait till the invitations go out and my guests see them first.  I don't want to spoil any surprises for those who actually read my blog.


If you are looking for a calligrapher email Janis for more info, I promise you will love her as much as I do.  Her work is really the perfect way to set the tone for your amazing day too!


(and as soon as my invites go out, I will be sure to share with you the final results)

27 comments:

Ashley said...

So many gorgeous options! I am getting married too this year (wow, like you, this year sounds so new to me!), and will definitely be checking in anxiously for your Monday posts.

Ashley said...

I love the writing on those envelopes! They definitely set the tone of the wedding.

pve design said...

I used to do calligraphy for weddings and boy is it fun, yet time consuming....once I had an exotic wedding and all the names required such care so that I would not waste envelopes. Janis's work is lovely.
Wishing you and Mr. Right all the best this year as you tie the knot!
pve

JMW said...

How exciting - this is your year! Love the calligraphy - I'm sure it will be gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I love these! so gorgeous!

Unknown said...

i love reading ALLLLL about it - great choices!!!!

*kiss kiss*
Happy New year
Erika

~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Stephanie Sabbe said...

love calligraphy. I wish I could write like that for everything I write.

Megan said...

This is a great idea; I'll look forward to your monday posts! Wedding/event posts mingle well with design anyway... navy bean does beautiful work!!

Navy Bean said...

Thank you so much for your amazing post, Lindsay! I'm so excited to be working with you and I can't wait for you to see the finished product!

Ariane said...

I haven't been THIS excited about a blog post in a very long time! I love weddings, so Mondays are my new favorite day on LEB.

This calligraphy is so amazing. I can't wait to see your final choice!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

LOVE this type of font, love the white on the gray background...how exciting. It's going to be a great year for you! Janell

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

Can't wait to hear about the wedding and that calligraphy is amazing.

quintessence said...

Janis' work is fabulous!! I love calligraphy - and as pve said it is very time consuming work! I'll be checking out her site next!!

charm home said...

I can't wait to see what you pick. They are all so lovely. You are going to be sharing your details with us, right?!?!?! Have fun these next few months. They will go by so quickly. xo, c-

Kate {domestikatedlife} said...

Ooo! marriage mondays? Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve!

April of Smidge Of This said...

I'll be married in May and I absolutely am thrilled that you'll be adding Marriage Mondays to your postings! Can't wait to see your calligraphy style. I did all of the calligraphy addressing for our save the dates and am undecided if I want to do it for our wedding invites, too. Lots of work but so worth it! Happy planning!

Alicia B. Designs said...

I'm so right there with you on the wedding stuff! I love these both--gorgeous! Isn't planning so much fun?

xoxo

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

love calligraphy.... love it.

Anonymous said...

How fun! what a good find! ours came out kind of like the grey one you show here. LOVE! i'm sad my plannign is over. i'm going to live vicariously through you now, okay? :)

Laura@JourneyChic said...

The art of calligraphy amazes me - I can't imagine changing up my handwriting. Mine is barely legible! Can't wait to see which one you choose!

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

I wont mind wedding Mondays one bit! My sister is getting married in July and we are totally lost with invitations. Option help... please!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

i love calligraphy...i am sure they will be beautiful...cannot wait to see finished result :) Happy new year!!

Grace (The Stripe) said...

so perfectly elegant.

xx
grace

www.stripesandsequins.com

Julie Richard - Shelter said...

they are all beautiful. continued luck with all of your planning. x, Julie

Anonymous said...

Can't WAIT to see your envelopes.
They really do set the tone for a wedding!

Bravehearted Beauty {formerly LLH Designs} said...

ADORE! beautiful calligraphy leaves me breathless!

Thanks for sharing!
Linsey

Soulful Mama said...

Oooh! Loving these!

Happy New Year!

~ Clare x