9.14.2009

Weekend Recap

I had a wonderful weekend at my cousins wedding. Everything was beautiful, the rain went away just in time for the ceremony and held off all night, my cousin looked amazing and everything was perfect! Well except for the fact that my camera decided to crap out just as the bride was walking down the aisle, ugg of course just my luck!

I did manage to get there a tad early and take pictures of some of the details and the beautiful fall flowers, so those are what I have to share today.

My aunt ordered a tent for the ceremony the night before the wedding. Saturdays forecast called for downpour so better to be safe than have 200 guests caught in the rain, right?


The tent was right up against the barn, so the bride and groom stood in the doorway. The aisle was lined with beautiful arrangements atop birch trees

Close up detail- I just loved all the textures in the arrangements

The doors of the barn each had one of these arrangements

After the ceremony guests gathered in the back garden for a cocktail hour- the sun even managed to poke out for about 5 minutes.

My aunt must have planted her garden this year with early fall blooming flowers, because everything looked just beautiful- the colors were amazing!

pretty fall colored flowers in mason jars on the cocktail tables

love the sound of the water this made, it was beautiful sitting in the middle of one of the gardens

After the cocktail hour we moved into the main tent where beautiful tables were adorned with arrangements like this one, each table had a different white lantern- the whole tent had a beautiful candlelight glow.

Despite my camera not working, the evening was lovely and everyone had a great time. It was nice to see my family and celebrate such a special occasion!

17 comments:

deliciously organized said...

Very beautiful! I love the flowers in the Mason jar. So gorgeous! Glad you had a good time! -carlee

Rebecca Corvese said...

Beautiful flowers...especially the Fall colors in the mason jar! I love Fall weddings!

Ms. Bright said...

YAY! I've been waiting for you to get back and post on this!!
It looks like it was absolutely gorgeous!! What a garden your aunt has! WOW. I love all of the fall colors that were used...those mason jars on the cocktail tables have to be my favorite.
Thanks for sharing and hope you had a nice weekend getaway!

bluehydrangea said...

Amazing!! Love the barn and the garden.

Anonymous said...

Looks gorgeous! Such beautiful colors and I am in love with all those flowers. Glad you had a great time!

Sarah said...

looks great! Glad it all went well

Lauren said...

looks beautiful!! you'll have to post more pics when the professional ones come so we can get a peek at the bride!!! glad it was so fun!!!
xooxox

Linda Merrill said...

What a beautiful backyard wedding! the tent just made it all the more romantic, I think!

Anonymous said...

lovely flower shots!

Laura@JourneyChic said...

Wow, beautiful flowers! The colors are stunning.

Haven and Home said...

Oh the table arrangements are beautiful!!!

Yansy said...

Everything looks beautiful. I'm so glad you had a fabulous time, tell your aunt she did a fabulous job with the flowers.

pep said...

What an amazing garden. Lucky bride and lucky groom!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

pretty, pretty wedding. I love weddings. I was a phi mu (which I do not think is cool in the north:) and that fabric is from JoAnns, and what do you think about doing a blogger meet up at Masa one afternoon before it snows. That would be easy.

Sidney said...

I love the idea of using all different kinds of white lanterns on the table! The flowers are gorgeous!!

MFAMB said...

how lovely!!!

Lotzaads.com said...

Beautiful house... :)