9.01.2009

St. Anthony's Feast

This past Sunday the BF and I made our way over to The North End (my old neighborhood in Boston) for St. Anthony's Feast. For those not familiar, the North End is the little Italy of Boston and home to celebrations, feasts and other street parties every weekend in the summer.

A t-shirt I snapped a picture of

Parking in the North End is always a challenge

Wall to wall people

more people


lots and lots of great food!

2009 marked the 90th celebration of the feast and it still looks and feels the same as it has for years.




And at the end the streets are filled with shredded paper, streamers and more people! If you are ever in Boston during the summer you must head over to the North End to see some of the fun festivities.


(Photos from Stanthonysfeast.com and my own)

5 comments:

Design Esquire said...

I'm glad the rain didn't wash out the festival this weekend! It looks like you had a great time (and probably ate some really yummy food).

Yansy said...

That looks like it was a lot of fun. I'm so jealous!

alison giese Interiors said...

OMG! My mouth is watering just thinking about all the yummy pizza, etc!!

Laura@JourneyChic said...

We went last year! It's fun but overwhelming. Didn't realize it was this Sunday. Almost went to the N. End but ended up in Charlestown (Ironsides) instead.

Linda Merrill said...

I used to live in the No. End and this certainly brought back memories. They were overwhelming and messy! All that paper strewn about.