9.03.2009

Life in Plastic, It’s Fantastic

This little lady turned 50 this year. I know, I know she doesn't look a day over 25- how does she age backwards? Must be Barbie botox.


To celebrate her milestone birthday Jonathan Adler designed an entire real life Malibu Dream Home complete with her very own pink convertible VW bug! Of course everything was designed around her love of pink, pink, pink!

While I love the large living room above the chandelier made of Barbie hair kinda weirds me out...but hey Jonathan Adler is the famous designer not me, so he knows better than I do :)

the Barbie bedroom, complete with monogrammed bedding

I wonder if Ken and Skipper are hanging out at the pool too?

The pink bug Barbie cruises around Malibu in

If you love her real life house you can now have a piece of all that pink for yourself (I sound like a late night infomercial)

The JA designed Barbie- wonder if he can make that dress in my size?

The famous Nixon throw now in pink

JA style pillows with a Barbie twist to them





Looks like Barbie traded in the quaaludes and Prozac for peroxide, glitter and eyelashes


They are not for sale yet , but come September 20th you can relive your childhood all over again and order some pink loveliness of your own.

Happy Birthday Barbie!!


Photos from: BarbieCollector.com, jonathanadler.com, mlive.com, poshposh.com, mattel.com, laist.com (photos by Tom Andrews) and apartmenttherapy.com

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

the malibu home was not open to the public! i was soooooooooooooooo mad i wanted to go visit it and then blog about how awesome and pink it is.

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Oh I would move in and a heartbeat. Gotta love all that pink, but I must agree with you on the hair chandy. It kinda freaks me out a bit as well.

I must say I love the first barbie you pictured and her chic black and white striped bathing suit. I want one!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love the pink and black. JA did a fabulous job of transferring Barbie's world to our own!

Yansy said...

This is too cute. My favorite part was the pool area and that hair chandy is kind of creepy.

Waxy said...

I want that pink bug...but the hair chandelier? Yikes!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Okay, I certainly loved my Barbie, but wow, I'm not sure about this. Have heard a lot about this house, but this is the first view I've gotten...thanks!!

However, the Nixon throw in pink is a must have!

Janell

alison giese Interiors said...

I want that throw, hands down!

Laura@JourneyChic said...

Totally weirded out by that chandelier, but I LOVE the pool and patio furniture. Fantastic in plastic! :)

Stephanie Sabbe said...

Nooooo. If I've said it once, I've said it a million times, Jonathan Adler has some cool stuff, but that light fixture is SO WRONG!

I toured some suites he did in the Planet Hollywood in Vegas. So WRONG there too.

deliciously organized said...

That song is going to be stuck in my head f-o-r-e-v-e-r. Thank you for that one. lol. Excited for the store opening on Newbury! Hadn't seen those glitter and eyelash newbies...loved the prozac ones...and love those too!-carlee

MFAMB said...

huh-larry-us. (that's my new thing...to phoenetically spell everything)
that chandeweave is too much.

Lauren said...

I LOVE BARBIE. I just can't say it enough. I still have all of my Barbie dolls in perfect condition waiting till I have a girl.. hahahah I SO thought Christian was going to be a girl & started getting them ready. scary, yes, i know.

now i think I'll probably only get boys!!!

ps- the chandy creeps me out a bit too.. hair + food???? (but I guess she doesn't really eat though does she?)

LindsB said...

Aw, Lauren that is so cute that you got all your Barbies ready for your baby- you'll get your girl someday soon!! And no, I dont think Barbie ever eats!

Unknown said...

LOVE it! i was a Barbie fanatic when i was little, and of course still appreciate what she's all about today. i want that Nixon throw for myself!
xox

LindsB said...

Aw, Elise- Thank you for the sweet words, you just made my day!!