9.02.2009

Birds of a Feather

Now that its September I figured it was ok to post this. To me feathers seem to be more of a fall accessory for the home as well as fashion. I love using feathers in lieu of live plants or flowers. While they will never completely replace living things, they are a nice alternative or stand in when you just need that something extra.


feather arrangements add nice fall color to a room


a bouquet of feathers in a silver mint julep cup

as a centerpiece

in an office

on the table

to greet your guests

a nice fall welcome

Here are some fashion forward feather accessories


The famous Salvatore Ferragamo Pheasant Feather bag carried by Carrie Bradshaw


High fashion on the runway (Ralph Lauren and YSL)

Gaultier Paris


Since I wont be sporting the above fashions anytime soon, I think I'll incorporate some feathers into my fall fashion via a fabulous headband like this one




Photos from: BHG, Country Living, distinctivestationery.net, Domino, foralhomedecor.com, MrPeacockStyle.blogspot.com, New York Times- photo by Jean-Baptiste Mondino, pheasandress- YSL, Ralph Lauren Fall 2008, Salvatore Ferragamo Pheasant Feather Bag, Tobi Fairley's front door via Tobi Fairley, via perfectbound.blogspot.com, virtualvillage.com

17 comments:

MFAMB said...

quite lovely.

bluehydrangea said...

Birds of a feather...I love feathers. Thanks for the great pictures!!

Rachel said...

I hadn't ever thought of feathers instead of flowers. YAY! I can't wait to do this in my home!

Fargerike Dagny said...

...And I have that vintage milk glass vase in the first pic! It looks amazing with the feathers! (Note to self: buy some feathers!) Perfect for fall. That ferragamo bag Carrie is wearing is just stunning!

deliciously organized said...

I love those wreaths! -carlee

Chic Coles said...

I do love feathers, but I think I will stick with the headband, I do not know if I could pull off a feather clutch!

Kalee said...

Really love those wreaths, how fantastic!

Laura@JourneyChic said...

The green wreath and centerpieces images are great! I agree that feathers seem to be more of a fall accessory. I would caution people against using found feathers, however - icky things could be living in them. Stick to the ones from the craft store!

Tobi Fairley said...

Thanks for featuring my front door wreath. I love the accessories, especially the headband!

Sarah said...

love feathers too! i have an arrangement with some that i love!

alison giese Interiors said...

Especially love the centerpiece, and the wreaths.

That clutch reminds me...I have a feathered clutch I bought a few years ago, may have to bust it out!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

OMG, that green holiday wreath is stunning!

so.chic said...

love all the feathers!! i need to incorporate feathers into my next party!

Anonymous said...

How fabulous! Love the place setting and the clutch SJP has is to die for. Just shows there are so many ways to use one item. love it!

paula said...

I am loving it as a centerpiece...

Lauren said...

oh so pretty!!!! must get some!!!

Anonymous said...

Rather interesting site you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Joan Simpson