9.15.2009

Fit for a Queen

One of my best friends is moving into a new one bedroom Brooklyn apartment and asked me to help her come up with a plan for family room. Ok she didn't ask me, I took it upon myself to come up with a mood board as how I pictured her new living space.

This girl is one of the most fashion forward girls I know, she has been that way since the day I met her. She has a taste for the finer things in life and was the first (and I think only still) friend to own a Chanel bag AND a Fendi spy bag...hot damn :)

She loves modern and does not want the cluttered look- actually she told me that she wants a man to be able to walk into her apartment and just know who she is and what shes about. The look I was going for is a glamorous-worldly-fashion forward-modern-ethnic-chic with a twistlook
click to make bigger


I sent her this look and she loved it. Maybe a few tweaks here and there, but overall it was a winning look.

I've already told her if she doesn't take before and after pictures of this room I will disown her as a friend. Just kidding of course, but I said my blog readers would be very upset, wouldn't you all??

17 comments:

Stephanie Sabbe said...

cute, cute. That rocker is next on my list. Probably will be a fakie, but I won't tell.

MFAMB said...

looks fantastic!! very modern edgy glam with a bit of whimsy. love it!!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

The color palette is chic and love the mix of styles! She most definitely needs to share befores and afters. Period.
Janell

Anonymous said...

Yes - we would be very upset!!! Pics are a very even trade for that super chic room board.

Where on earth is that sofa from?! I LOVE IT! Oooh and the coffee table too please!

Yansy said...

We definitely want to see the before and after. I'm in love with the sofa and the coffee table.

LindsB said...

Leila the sofa is from Jayson Home & Garden and the table is the Montauk Coffee Table by James Duncan- hope that helps :)

Laura@JourneyChic said...

We'd be upset indeed! I think your mood board hits the nail on the head. The coffee table is fabulous and I love the wall of black and white photos. Very cool!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Beautiful! Very chic. Pretty for a new city girl. Can't wait to see it come to life.

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS! now i just need to find an affordable version of the sofa..

deliciously organized said...

What a fun room! She is very lucky to have you helping her out! I would love to see the before and after shots! -carlee

L said...

Very upset! :) I love the mood board you put together for her!

Anonymous said...

LOVE.IT. Lu-hu-hu-huv. Can you tell me where the couch comes from? I'm dying for one like that for my living room!

Anonymous said...

oops,sorry, just saw you answered my question above :-)))

Jenna @ Mi Vida Bonita said...

Perfect mix for a GLAM girl! Love the Eames rocker. I actually just got the DAR {looks just like this but its not a rocker} in black...Love Love it! And Jayson Home & Garden sofa...you can never go wrong!

xoxo

Ms. Bright said...

Super chic, LindsB! You did a fab job pulling this together. Make sure she has the Chanel, Louis V and Vogue coffee table books on that pretty cocktail table and it's poifect!

Chic Coles said...

When I move into my apartment after I graduate in may you can help me make one of these room layouts! That room is going to look amazing!

Lauren said...

oh love it & can't wait to see it!!!!! she best take pics!!! ;) ;)