8.07.2009

Pretty Storage...

I'm finding it hard to find just the right piece of furniture to use as storage in the BF's office. I keep changing my mind and there are so many choices.

Do I want an antique dresser and fashion it with some of those file folder hanger wire thingies? (yes that is a technical term)

(photo from ehow.com)

Do I want the Ikea Expedite bookcase?
(ikea.com)
(domino.com)


(bhg.com)

Do I want open/closed shelving?

(Aero Studios, Thomas O'Brien)

I keep coming up with new plans...I just need to settle on one, but its oh so hard to pick! And I know he needs lots and lots of storage


Ok, off to search craigslist again to see what people are getting rid of...one persons junk is anther's treasure. I really hope there is some pretty junk today :)

I'll be up to my eyeballs in this planning for awhile...I can just tell.

Have a great weekend everyone!

9 comments:

bluehydrangea said...

love all these images and your ideas from yesterday..can't wait to see what you end up with..fabulous I'm sure!

Unknown said...

Great options, I like...hum...them all.

What does HE like? Or are you keeping him out of this stage?!

Janell

Oona Johnson said...

Is that Craigslist Glass Bookase from yesterdays post an already-owned item? Or was that just an example? Buy it, if you haven't... It's fab. If you already own it, I think it would be fun with the ikea bookcase, depending on whether you have enough wall space.

alison giese Interiors said...

The antique chest retrofitted with hanging files sounds clever to me!

Yansy said...

Love all the choices you're working with. Just keep the layout of the space in mind and how much room you have around the desk. The new City Escapes series started today, Boston is the first city. I thought you might want to check it out.

MFAMB said...

i like them all. sorry. i am no help.

Anonymous said...

fun ideas, I like them all- sorry I'm no help

LindsB said...

Janell- he likes what I like :)

kishani said...

i love the expedite! have one in my office, used it in a few clients projects too!
ps just wanted to say thanks for checking out my blog, so not as good as yours!