8.12.2009

Blogger's Favorite Everything: The Inglenook Decor

It's Back.....
________________________________________________

Featured today on Blogger's Favorite Everything is Maureen, the blogger and e-store goddess behind The Inglenook Decor AND the blog Ingle Talk. Maureen just jumped into the blog world and she has started off with a bang! She has a great eye for style and wonderful decor, which is why she decided to start her own store to feature all of her great finds.

I've already been on her site searching for my next home accessory- she has so many great things I am going to have an issue picking just one! After you read all about her favorite things be sure to head on over to her blog and store to see more for yourself.







Here are a few of Maureen's favorite things:

Lamp- I have a lamp crush on this lamp from Shine Home. They sell wholesale & once I get the storefront I plan to carry their lamps


Everyday dishes-
pure white, simple & perfectly round. Mine is from Crate & Barrel

Everyday glassware-
Crate & Barrel, too, bought them at the same time, I believe they're called impressions glasses, very cheap but they look chic

Candle/scent- I was loving Botanicus before, the scent lasts forever but my new love is Linnea's Lights, they have soy-based candles. Just got my shipment, will post it on the e-shop soon!


Design book- for some reason I only knew about the Domino decorating book recently, so perusing the book right now, it's been good so far & I so miss the magazine! Oh & this one may not be your normal design book, but have you read/seen Junkyard Beautiful? So many creative ideas!


Coffee or tea-
Coffee! Can't do w/o it in the morning. I like mine like a creamer with a little coffee, Cafe au Lait!

Color- definitely yellow


Accessory- I have this pearl cross necklace I got from the Philippines, I've had so many complements about it

Electronic gadget- blackberry, I know it's a little obsolete but I just can't part with it & exchange it with an iphone. I think I'm going to have problems w/o the keyboard-like buttons


Nail polish color- somewhat boring, on my toes I just do good old French

Artist- my fiancee! he's a musician

Flower- green hydrangeas


Comfort food- we have so many of that here in Southeast Texas. Would u consider Cajun food comfort food? If it is, then that's my answer.

Alcoholic drink- Long Island Iced Tea, a little strong but it jut tastes so good!


Writing utensil- Precision V5 fine point felt tip pen, They're always in stock at my work & they're bought exclusively for me, our order supply list states "maureen's pens"

Vacation spot- Barcelona, never been & I'm just so intrigued


Heels / flats- I do heels a lot because I'm short, don't do flats much but I love sandals in the summer of course!

Room to decorate- home office, i love to make it functional & beautiful
Magazine- House Beautiful, Inside Out Home Living (it's new & so cool)


Designer- I'm not a designer kind of gal. Yeah, I drool over them but I've never felt an urge to buy an ultra-expensive piece of clothing

Chair- white & tufted!

Big box store- Target of course!

Current Trend- feminine & flowy, not sure if that's a trend but here's a link to what closely resembles it: HERE
_____________________________________________

Hope you all enjoyed reading about Maureen's Favorite things. Be sure to see more of her favorite things on her blog.

Thanks Maureen for taking the time to answer all of these :)

11 comments:

Megan said...

Maureen is such a sweetheart, I loved reading her answers for your series and will definitely be checking out those soy candles! Great interview!!

alison giese Interiors said...

Maureen is the sweetest! Love hearing about her faves!

Anonymous said...

What a fun post! I love that lamp, too! I'll have to go check out her etsy shop!

Yansy said...

I love reading about Maureen's favorite things. That lamp is fabulous and I've been wanting it for a while. Barcelona is by far my favorite city, every time I visit family it feels like my first time there.

Anonymous said...

This site is great! I want that lamp now.

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

I love these fun posts. It's so fun to answer and to hear other people's answers to those questions! Thanks.

Jen Laceda | Milk Guides said...

you need to get to Barcelona soon!!!!

bluehydrangea said...

Love Maureen! Great hearing about her favorites!!!

carlee {deliciously organized} said...

I just love these posts you do about bloggers favorites. What a great idea! I love to hear peoples favs...especially the things you picked out! Keep them coming :)

Anonymous said...

I love reading these posts about favorites! I too miss Domino magazine. Oh, and I used the lamp by Shine Home for an interior I did - paired it with a white lacquer parsons desk, coral and framed Japanese papers - check it on my website and let me know what you think! It's under the residential section.
http://mandarinastudio.net/#/1/1

Brad the Buidler said...

Great post, thanks!