8.13.2009

Good times

Last Friday I finally got to meet up with Robin from Decorated Life. We had been emailing for awhile and tried to meet up the last few times she was in Boston but it never worked out. Well Friday morning she emailed me to tell me she was in town and invited me to go with her to the Boston Design Center. I was beyond giddy because I have always wanted to go, been planning to go, but I've never quite made it over.

We hit it off immediately! We spent the afternoon wandering around the BDC chatting about fabric, paint, designers, basically everything design. I don't think I've ever had that good of a time talking to someone about everything that I am completely obsessed with and have them feel the same way- it was great!

We were talking so much that I only got three pictures


Hello pretty fabric hiding there- the famous, most talked about fabric in the blog world...Schumacher Chiang Mai, live and in person



This chair still haunts my dreams...I wanted to hand over my credit card the second I saw it, but if the BF ever found out I spent three months rent on a chair I knew I would not live long to enjoy it :)


The color of this paint did not come out in pictures as I had hoped, but it will now be the new color behind my bookshelves. I feel in love with its rich, deep color and I cant wait to start painting.

Its going to look great with some new pillows made from...you guessed it Chiang Mai DRAGON- woot woot!

Which means the BF office plan has changed a tad:



Found this Kerala Ikat fabric at the Schmaucher showroom and fell in love! Plus the BF informed that he doesn't want alot of color in there- so its a win - win for both of us with this choice.

Overall it was a great afternoon- making new friends in the blog world is always so much fun. And getting to meet them in person, its just icing on the cake.

Robin thanks again for the invite, we'll have to do it again soon!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE that chair. Great blue color as well. looking into something similar for my parents room!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

What a great way to spend a day! Looking forward to watching the progress on the office...you are inspiring me to get to my husbands, someday. His looks a lot like the before photo of your BF's office! One thing at a time, right?
Janell

Devon said...

We are looking to paint our bedroom that deep teal color. Restoration Hardware has a good color--not the best paint, but the color may be exactly what you are looking for.

How fun. Looking forward to seeing how the office turns out!

Laura@JourneyChic said...

The ikat fabric is great, and as much as I love the Chiag Mai Dragon, I think the ikat's more masculine for your boy's office. I am so curious about the BDC and will have to try to go sometime.

Yansy said...

I love the ikat fabric. I can't wait to see the finished product. It sounds like you had a fantastic time at the Design Center. I love the one here in Miami. Please, come by when you have a chance, I need help with a design dilema.

Caitlin said...

that blue paint is delish. It will look amazing with chiang mai!

MFAMB said...

now were talking!! i love that peacock blue color. i am officially excited for this office makeover. let's keep it moving and hurry it up already. but don't hurry too much so that it looks like a rush job. just hurry up enough to make me happy. ;)

Southern Aspirations said...

ooh love the blue wall with the mirror and sconces. And I keep forgetting to comment on the BF study redo. Our guys should get together- 2 MBAs = too much stuff. My husband's office is terrible- and it is in the front of the house on the first floor! I've threatened to switch out offices, but haven't wanted to hire movers...

Anonymous said...

I love that blue (if it's the shade I am thinking of)! I can't wait to see your BF's office come together. I need to do the same for mine! BIG TIME! But he won't let me... wah.

MaryBeth said...

I just added Decorated Life to my blog roll today. How does that happen? I find someone and then a blogger posts about the person freaky. MB

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

I love that color for your bookshelves. I can't wait to see the finished product.

alison giese Interiors said...

I'm pea green over your trip to the BDC - can't you see it through your screen?!

Awesome stuff, all!

Anonymous said...

If anyone wants a tour of the D & D building or any of the showrooms in NY, let me know!!

So much fun linds x

KatyO! said...

sounds like such a fun day!!! I keep meaning to head over to BDC but just never do

Anonymous said...

someone please make an afforable version of the fabric. please.