6.16.2009

Gladiator What?

Taking a cue from Erin's post on Friday...I decided to take a fashion risk myself. I bought a pair of strappy gladiator sandals! Now, normally I would not go for a look like this because I am all of 5'3 1/2 (that 1/2 is VERY important). Shoes that cut me off at the ankles usually are a guaranteed way to make me look even shorter and dumpier, like gladiator sandals. But, when I saw these cute Tahari sandals, and noticed that they wouldn't break the bank I figured I would give it a go :)

I wore them to work today with cropped pants, they don't look half bad...actually I like them alot and people keep looking at my feet (not sure if that is a good thing or not yet)





Thanks Erin for getting me to try something risky with my summer fashion!

7 comments:

bluehydrangea said...

Too funny!! I just bought some gladiator sandals yesterday and I feel so fashion forward. Yours look great!!

alison giese Interiors said...

I had the same struggle over a pair of gold glads I was coveting (I'd love to have the extra 1+ inch of height you have on me! ;)

I'm rather certain mine cut me off visually, but I still get a lot of compliments, and LOVE them! Glad you made the gutsy move - they are VERY cute!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

I like them. I bought some flat, flat ones last year for a trip to Chicago (I'm also 5-3")I had shoe paranoia the whole week. This year every tells me they like them.
p.s. ya'll should share the office:)

Erin Gates said...

Love them! And your toes, which look to be the exact color my toes right this very moment- Essie Fiesta? :)

Anonymous said...

Its funny you should mention your hesitation when it comes to wearing this type of sandal. Being only 5'2" I'm also always concerned about making my legs look shorter. I might have to try some sandals like yours:)

LindsB said...

Erin, I'm glad you approve :) Not sure what color my toes are, I didnt check the bottle, oops haha

Unknown said...

i like them - but i like most things that are gold :)

p.s. i can't believe i wasn't a follower of your blog! i've rectified that situation :)