6.17.2009

Blogger's Favorite Everything:High-Heeled Foot in the Door


_______________________________________________

Featured today on Blogger's Favorite Everything is Camila from the blog High-Heeled Foot in the Door. I cant remember when I first found Camila's blog, but I'm glad I did because I found a great friend and someone I seem to go to alot with questions or advice, most recently with my whole chair issue. I posted about fabric choices and not even 20 minuets later I had a long (and I mean LONG) list of fabrics, descriptions and links as to where I could buy the fabrics. Seriously, I almost died. Camila is kind, friendly, sweet and just an all around great (and talented) girl.

When she lost her job back in the fall she decided to make lemon aid out of lemons and follow her dream of going back to school and becoming an interior designer. I can only hope when she is running around like mad with her wildly successful business she still has time to blog...because I still need my daily eye candy from her :)

So, if you have not checked out Camila's blog be sure to head on over after reading this and check her out

Here are a few of Camila's favorite things:

Lamp: My all-time favorite lamp is from JC PENNEY'S! Shocking I know, but it was one of my best purchases at only $80 bucks a lamp I got the crystal ball lamp that I had seen years ago on an old episode of S&TC. I have had it for years and move them around constantly.

house 093

Everyday dishes: classic white from anywhere! Mine are from Pottery Barn, but you can pick them up anywhere. I love going to restaurant depots and picking up plates there as well

Everyday glassware: For glassware I tend to stick with clear glass. The glasses I have are a mix of pieces from thrift stores. My favorite has to be a set of juice glasses I found that were monogrammed with a P and worked perfectly with my married name Pavone.

Candle/Scent: Don’t really have one. I have a very sensitive nose and scents tend to me a headache. I am a sucker for pretty packaging though and think that TOCCA candles look amazing in a home.



Design Book: My favorite at the moment is still Celerie Kemble’s To Your Taste

to your taste
Cleaning Supply: I have two dogs so dog hair is the ban of my existence. I get by with daily cleaning using my Swiffer Sweeper

Fabric: This is a really tough one. I love so many fabrics, but for the one that I have loved the longest it’s a tie between KWID Imperial Trellis and Katsugi.

Sheets: I don’t have a certain brand that I always get, but I do always get 800 thread count, Egyptian cotton.

Wallpaper: Anything by Osborne and Little. I’m still hoping, wishing, praying to get some this paper into my home:



Coffee / Tea: Tea drinker all the way. My go-to brand is Stash.

Color: At the moment Citron green, but always brown and orange

Handbag: Foley and Corinna. Seriously I want every single bag they make!



Electronic Gadget: My laptops!

birthday weekend 019

Nail Polish Color: Bermuda Shorts by Essie



Flower: Peonies

peonies


Comfort Food: Mac and Cheese

Heels or Flats: I wish it was heels, but I live in flats

Lipstick or gloss: Always gloss normally by Tarte.

China Pattern: Library Lane by Kate Spade. It’s a classic white with platinum rim. I can add fun salad plates to the mix when I want to add a burst of color!


Current trend: CHEVRON!


__________________________________________

I hope you all enjoyed the 5th round of Blogger's Favorite Everything. Thank you Camila for taking the time to do this and share your favorites with everyone!!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is great! I just LOVE camilla and her outlook after losing her job and starting her own business is so inspiring to me(since well, i am in the same boat!)

i love this series and learning more about all the FABULOUS ladies you choose!!

Lauren said...

she's such a sweetie & i LOVE her choices!!!!!

great job on the series linds!!!
xoxo

paula said...

she has such a great blog. Love the interview, so fun.

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Thanks for including me in the series. It was lots of fun!

Yelena said...

i lovee her blog.
and lovely interview. :)

Christina said...

i'm glad you featured camila, she's such a sweetie!

pve design said...

I am so glad she divulged her faves...
Really great! Love her!

Southern Aspirations said...

Great feature. She's got great taste and the handbay maker is new to me. Thanks!

Jill GG said...

This is a fun post! I just love her blog! And I too am just loving Chevron these days!

Meg said...

What a fun questionnaire to do!

I love Camila, I visit her blog daily. She's adorable.

Stephanie Sabbe said...

you are the most networked blogger ever:) I think every blog I've clicked on this week has a comment by you or about you. Thanks for sharing all of these fun blogs. I'm challenged in the finding blogs category.

Haven and Home said...

Best blogger in the world-Camila! I LOVED reading her list!

bandelle said...

I have been enjoying this series of yours so much. Camilla is such a sweetheart.

Kylie

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Loved reading Camila's list... and think this series is great!

PS~Erin said...

So fun to read!!

TheBeautyFile said...

Loved this!! Love chevron too...want to incorporate that & a Foley/Corinna fuchsia bag into my life!!

Abby said...

This series is great! Camila, I'm a sucker for Mac and Cheese as a comfort food too. The preprocessed cheese kind and red wine is my bad day cure all!