6.10.2009

Blogger's Favorite Everything: La Dolce Vita


_____________________________________________________

Featured today on Blogger's Favorite Everything is Paloma, the beautiful blogger behind the La Dolce Vita AND her recent project the Decorum Design Forum . Paloma could not be nicer and always has the best eye candy and is a source of constant inspiration for my own place. When I first started reading her blog I was also excited to find out that she is a Spanish teacher and has a love for Spain just like I do- we were meant to be friends :)

Last month Paloma started a Personal Style, Defined series. Its a brilliant idea as everyone loves to see how other bloggers designed their own personal space. So, if you have not checked out La Dolce Vita, Decorum, OR any of brilliant installments of Personal Style, Defined then you must go to check them out.

But first, here are a few of Paloma's favorite things:

Lamp- Anything by Visual Comfort available at Circa Lighting. They have such a gorgeous selection that it is hard to choose just one, but I would have to say that my current favorite is Suzanne Kasler’s Quatrefoil floor lamp, which I have in my family room.

Everyday dishes- I prefer white dishes so that the food can stand out and be the true centerpiece.

Everyday glassware- I have streamlined glasses with thick bases. I really like the look and the fact that the mouth is wider than the base.

Candle/scent- Henri Bendel Vanilla Bean- it is soft, subtle, but complex



Design book- There are so many, but I really love Inspired Styles because it is a veritable scrapbook of designer favorites and sources of inspiration.


Cleaning supply- Folex Carpet Cleaner: It works on everything and you can use it to pre-treat clothes, too. I also really like Method's products.

Fabric- This is a tough one! I think it depends on the application, really. I still really love Donghia’s Suzani and David Hicks’ La Fiorentina will always be a favorite.


Sheets- In a fantasy world, Leontine Linens

Wallpaper- Kelly Wearstler’s Imperial Trellis



Coffee or tea- Calm by Tazo

Color- I am horrible at picking favorites because I can never narrow it down! I really love grey, soft shades of turquoise, and Kelly green, but not all together.

Accessory- I have a wooden bangle with some brass circles that I seem to wear an awful lot.

Electronic gadget- iPhone

Nail polish color- Bubble Bath by OPI: It is the perfect pale pink neutral and is also a favorite of Giada de Laurentiis.



Artist- Pablo Picasso for his vision and for being a consummate artist. Frida Kahlo is a favorite because of her passion and the emotion in her paintings. I love Edgar Dégas’ dancers for their beauty and think Beatriz Milhazes is a great contemporary painter. See? I told you I couldn’t narrow it down!

Flower- Pink Peonies

Comfort food- Pizza

Alcoholic drink- I don’t drink alcohol very often, but I do enjoyed a full-bodied red wine like a Spanish Rioja or a Merlot or a good mojito from time to time.

Writing utensil- Uni-ball Vision: I like the pretty colors, but I think my handwriting looks best when I use a plain ball point pen.
Vacation spot- Spain

Stationery- I just bought some really pretty note cards from Ana Stella on Etsy.

Pair of jeans- J. Crew High Heel Flare, which I am afraid have been discontinued! Just my luck!

Heels / flats- It depends on the day and my mood.

Room to decorate- Living/ Family Room since most people spend the bulk of their time there.

Magazine- House Beautiful

Lipstick/lip gloss- Sonia Kashuk Lipgloss in Dream

Designer- This is really difficult because I like so many different styles, but I would say a few of my favorites are David Jimenez, Angie Hranowsky, Amanda Nisbet, and Michele Bonan.

Organizational tool- My Post-Its for making to-do lists. I usually have a few plastered all over my desk.

Chair- Right now, the vintage 1950’s chairs my husband and I made over.

Big box store- Target

China pattern- Hermès Guadalquivir

Handbag-
Hermès Birkin…maybe some day!

Towels-
I don’t have a favorite brand, but I look for towels that feel nice to the touch. I also happen to prefer white towels over anything else. I think they look the most crisp.

Soap- Savon de Marseille: All of the scents are intoxicating! I love them.

Current Trend- I feel like people are taking more risks with color, which is fantastic!

__________________________________________
I hope you all enjoyed the 4th round of Blogger's Favorite Everything. Paloma, thank you again for taking the time to share your favorites with everyone!

14 comments:

annechovie said...

How fun...great favorites - I can relate.

KM said...

love this series linds!!!

Anonymous said...

i love this series! you pic all my fav bloggers!!

Unknown said...

This was such a fun survey to fill out! Thank you so much for including me, Linds. :)

Unknown said...

this is so cool - such good questions, and a great post!!!

you didn't ask her favorite lingerie brand... ;-)
xox

Mimi said...

Great idea! I love this...It's nice to get to know everybody!

Candi said...

Great post! I love those jeans!!!

Haven and Home said...

Oh I love Paloma! I enjoyed seeing her favorite things!

City Living Girl said...

This is a great idea! Love so many of Paloma's faves too. What a wonderful blog.

Jackie said...

Another good one! I think I need that soap now just because of the super cool bottle it comes in!

Lauren said...

such a great series!! love paloma's chair redo!!!

Unknown said...

this is a really great series. i LOVE that lamp and the imperial trellis wallpaper is one of my faves too. and i must try those method products - i hear such good things about the.

paula said...

so fun. Love, love those chairs.

bluehydrangea said...

Great post! Can't wait to see who is next!