6.11.2009

Weekend Barn Sale

I'm not one to pass up a shopping trip, so when I was at my parents house this past weekend and my mom suggested we hit up a barn sale I was in for sure!

It was just your typical country barn sale- some trash and some treasure.

lots of pretty glass things

a section full of blue items

and this little beauty....

a lovely hobnail milk glass dish...complete with a lid



I was beyond giddy at my find. Normally I go to barn sales and find things out of my price range, ugly things, or nothing at all. Not this time...this little dish was snatched up in 2 seconds and I didn't even think twice about buying it.

Perfect for some candy, on a stack of books, maybe for little odds and ends that don't have a home, on my dresser for jewelry storage...its the perfect size for just about anything.

Whats a recent favorite find of yours?

8 comments:

Lauren said...

oh it's so pretty!!! looks like a magazaine vignette!!

Rachel said...

I love finding these treasures!!

pve design said...

finding my daughters loose tooth under her pillow for the "tooth fairy" was a favorite...
I am hoping I find a new vintage pocket book...

Unknown said...

what a great find! i love it.

my favourite recent find is my coffee table! can't beat $8 :)

Unknown said...

i have a hobnail white glass vase in my room - i love it!! so glad you bought yours!
xox

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Fun find. I haven't been out looking lately... I may need to go!

Anonymous said...

great find! me and my friend wanderd into an estate sale, and i snagged up three milk glass things as well! Im starting quite a little collection!! :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I absolutely adore milk glass. What a fab find!!