11.12.2008

Black is Back

Ever since I posted on Tori and Deans new place, I have been lusting over black cabinetry in the kitchen. When I first saw what she (Tori) was doing to her cabinets, I thought she had lost it, but when I saw the final outcome I was in love!

Here is Tori and Deans place, the kitchen that got me started on the love of black kitchens...

There is, of course, Kelly's kitchen. She makes it look so chic standing there in a beautiful dress. I really like how she uses the black subway tile here, it is a nice change from all the white subway tile that is out there.

I love the floor detail here, this would be beautiful in a city apartment...of course the rest of the place would be amazing too if this is what the kitchen looks like- I wish I had a couple (actually alot more) million for a place like this.


I love all the space in this kitchen, and how huge that island is! I'm not a fan of the wall color with the black cabinets- with this dark floor and all the black, I would have done a lighter color wall...but then again this is not my kitchen.


This is a kitchen I could move right into. I love every detail here- from the farmhouse sink, the marble counter tops, the tile back splash, the stainless steel hood over the stove, and all that storage...omg I would love to have a place for everything in the kitchen. I also like how there is a second sink on the island- very handy.


Here is another view of the same kitchen.


Here is another great kitchen by Jeff Lewis- I love the light pendants here.


This last one I could move right in as well. I usually don't like alot of open storage because I like to be able to hide away the mess- but here I could store all my pretty sterling silver pieces, beautiful glass and if and when I ever get a formal china set and still have enough space for the stuff I want to hide. Again, I love the marble counter tops too.


images from Mrs. Blandings, Flipping Out, HGTV, Apartment Therapy, KWID, and homearama.com

5 comments:

Brilliant Asylum said...

I love the look of these black cabinets with the carerra marble counters. It is a bit sexier than the white on white.

All I can think is that Tori and Dean obviously don't clean their own kitchen or they never would have selected that high overmount sink.
: )

SGM said...

I would have recognized Jeff Lewis's former kitchen anywhere! Gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Love all that Black.. but Here are ideas for tile mural installations , tips on framing the tiles and using field tiles to coordinate with the mural.. Considering the use of found vintage labels and a great way to showcase retro art.

http://aliciatappdesigns.com/customer_testimonials.htm

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pictures! I love black kitchens, but am too afraid to take the leap. Maybe someday...

The pendants in Jeff's kitchen are the Reed Hanging Light for Visual Comfort. They are available through Circa Lighting.

http://www.circalighting.com/details.aspx?pid=726&cid=

LindsB said...

Thanks for the website Paloma...I'll have to bookmark that to use if I ever get my own kitchen :)