7.09.2013

Gussied Up Entry

My parents use the garage entry as the main entry to the house.  Coming in from the garage the door opens right up to the side hallway and it's often where family and friends come in from the driveway too. (as I mentioned in this blog post too)  A few months ago my Mom wanted to spruce the place up without spending a ton of money.  I gave her a few ideas, but painting a runner on the stairs is my favorite idea yet.  So Mom (and Dad, since he'll probably be painting) this one is for you.  Also for any of you who are looking to spruce up your stairs

via the Estate of Things
Love the edge detail here. It's like a banded runner, but with paint.

Living, Etc.

Living, Etc.

This Old House, photo by Nathan Kirkman
This edge detail is fun too

Unknown, anyone know where this photo is from?

Via Home Life, photo by Polly Wreford

What do you think?  Do you think a painted runner would spruce up a garage entry and give it a little character and charm?

Tomorrow I'll post my other ideas on how to spruce up a garage entry.  You know, how to make it worthy of that judgy friend to see too!


PS- yesterday I was a guest blogger over at Brittany's blog Classically B.  Head on over to check out what my latest favorite finds are!!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Just love love love the third picture. Shile it seems simplistic--it looks like a great way to liven things up!

Full House said...

Oh I love this idea. I think your parents should go for it. It's making me think about my ugly tile stairs leading to the basement.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

I love this idea too and plan on doing it on my basement stairs. Here is hoping its not too tedious. :)

April of Smidge Of This said...

Yes, I absolutely love that idea and I think it could be great for their area!

Unknown said...

I love this idea! What a brilliant use of paint.
xo nancy

Unknown said...

Yes, I'm on board! Love the bright reds and oranges!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I love this idea! It would definitely look fantastic.

Unknown said...

Love this idea, and so much less expensive than a runner!!

Unknown said...

Genius I tell ya....I adore this idea!!! Such a great way to brighten up an entry for cheap!

SHERRY HART said...

I really love this idea.....so clever and cute!

The Office Stylist said...

What a great idea. Love the details in the fourth picture!!

--Sayeh, The Office Stylist