10.31.2012

Trimmed

I FINALLY got my new curtains iron and hung in my family room.  Word to the wise, the Ikea RITVA curtains shrink a ton AND they are a massive pain to iron.  Other than that, I have no idea why I was wasting my time trying to fix my curtain oops months ago.

I got the white ones and they aren't too white or too ivory, they are just right.  In other words they don't make my dirty white sofa look awful- they actually match pretty darn well.  They are IKEA so of course they aren't lined, but I'm actually happy about that.  The more light into my dark apartment, the better!

They have been up for a few weeks and I've been enjoying them immensely.  I'm just getting restless again.  Restless to try to give them a little makeover.  No dye this time, I learned my lesson the last time I got restless, this time I want to add some trim.  Look how pretty a little trim makes these panels

BHG
 Caldwell Flake 

Eileen Kathryn Boyd

Grace Happens Nursery Drapes

Mona Ross Berman

Jenny Wolf Interiors

Now one other little issue- I need approximately 25 yards.  That's a lot of dough if I'm picking out expensive trim.  So the search is on for pretty, inexpensive trim.  Wish me luck, I need it.




8 comments:

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

Not sure if they would fit what you have in mind but I actually saw some pretty great trims at Joann's the other day!

StagerLinda said...

I love your inspired to add trim. The pictures you showed are great inspiration. You sound like me: inexpensive curtains, plus pricey trim, equals your hearts desire!

Ashley said...

A designer's work is never done...especially when it comes to her own home! Is there any discount fabric or trim stores around you? Maybe you'll find a great vintage trim that's a discounted price so that those 25 yards don't cost too much?

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I went the super inexpensive (as in free) route of painting a border around my Ikea panels. I love the outcome but wish I had used textile medium so the paint wouldn't be stiff. You wouldn't know they were painted unless you touched them.

KM said...

The last picture is jennywolfinteriors.com.

Love the styling & built-ins in the first picture, and the deep grey walls in the second!!

Heather Moore Grahling | Vivid Hue Home said...

i'm curious to see what you find! i've got ikea drapes in a bedroom too and would love to add trim!

Unknown said...

I would love to see a photo of them in the room! No kidding that they shrink.. big time. I'm glad I tried washing the ones in my bedroom before the 6 panels in my living room. Color wise I find them much more cream than I anticipated but I love them for the price!

SHERRY HART said...

That is the thing about trim...it is not cheap and you need so much! Sometimes I cheat and use binding tape!