3.19.2012

Project Priming

Thank you to all of you who chimed in and gave me fun paint color suggestions for my new bamboo chair.  If you have been reading this blog for awhile now it is probably no surprise that I went with Rumba Orange.

Last weekend I brought my chair up to my parents house so I could spray prime it in their basement.  Living in an apartment makes it hard for spray painting, since I have to wait till its 70 out and drag things out to the back alley, so it was nice to have a basement to get my project started.

My Dad set up a nice little spray painting area for me and made me wear this lovely orange jacket, a hat and a gas mask type thing to paint in (and yes we opened the doors to get lots of fresh, well ventilated air too). Just look at this get-up


Once I got the seat all taped off I went to work spray priming it using my favorite oil based primer



I let the primer dry for a full day and then started the most annoying and tedious process of hand painting all those nooks and crannies Rumba Orange.

I wanted to use the new Advance line of Benjamin Moore paint which is why I opted for hand painting.  It's turning out amazing so far, that paint is like buttah I tell you!  The high gloss shines like the top of the chrysler building.

It's taking me awhile to get it painted as I'm waiting a full 24-48 hours between coats.  But I will be sure to take photos as soon as I'm done, I cant wait to share!

11 comments:

Belle on Heels said...

Aaah, can't wait to see the finished product! And love the 'Annie' reference :)

Kim @ keller-creative said...

I can only imagine how much Im going to love these chairs. So fun!

Ashley said...

Like buttah huh? The reveal is going to be so good!

Like Me Some said...

Can't way to see!! Absolutely love that chair and I am hunting for one or 2 or more:)

p-l-a-i-d said...

I CANNOT wait to see it! What a great color choice!

meghan said...

Can't wait to see the finished project. Fun chair!

Full House said...

YOU ARE ADORABLE..can't wait to see the results and I am happy you are using that paint so you can tell us how it all works out in the end.

Laurie said...

Oh I can't wait. Love Rumba orange - used it on a door and on cubbies. Fun!

Terese said...

can't wait to see the orange!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

How handy to have your parents basement! and how cute is your dad to make you wait all of these! Cant wait to see the chair done!

bedroom sets said...

Hello
Thanks for putting up, very good stuff, It is pretty ideal for everyone.
Thank you!