2.23.2012

a sweet surprise

When I started this blog I had no idea who would ever read it.  It was more of a diary to keep track of things I liked, but clearly it grew into more than I ever could have imagined.  I had one of those major HOLY COW moments a few months ago when a sweet, sweet reader emailed me.  In her note she told me that she had found some faux bamboo chairs at a local second hand shop and had remembered me posting about them and wanting one. 

Long story short she only needed two of them and wondered if I wanted to buy the other one.   Amazing, right?  I don't know if I was more happy about having a new bamboo chair OR meeting a new blog friend  (I think maybe more the latter, she is so friggin funny- Hi Eileen!) 

Fast forward a few months and my new chair is finally at home! 

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic

Only problem is I don't know what color to paint it now, there are soooo many colors I want.  I'm having a major design ADD moment.

You can see the top of the chair is my little testing area- its Rumba Orange right now.

Anywoo, I went in search of some Bamboo / Chippendale chair inspiration...














So many colors, so little time (and not to mention only one chair).  I'm thinking I might just have to go with my gut on this one and go with my first choice, Rumba Orange. 

But, if any of you have any strong opinions I'm open to change!


(Photos from: Amanda Teal, Elle Decor, Domino Magazine, My Little Happy Place, Elle Decor, Elle Decor, Lonny Mag, Jonathan Adler, Lonny Mag, Unknown, Pinterest, and Rue Mag)

28 comments:

Belle on Heels said...

So jealous! I'm dying for a set of these chairs. I would vote for painting them white, because then you can change out the seat cushions to suit different rooms, change in decor, or just a different mood :)

LindsB said...

Sarah the only thing is that the table next to it is white, another chair I have accross the room is white, and my sofa is white. I was trying to inject some more color into the room. Do you think I should still do it white?

Hannah said...

So jealous! I am really into yellow right now, I think that could be a really fun pop of color and yellow complements a lot of other colors so you could change up the cushions and it would still look great! xo

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

Lindsay @ Me, Ed and Pea said...

OH man - such a tough decision!! I vote for white, black or orange.

Unknown said...

Hello, you love orange. please paint them orange. If you don't like it you can always repaint. Go for it!

Kim @ keller-creative said...

What a fun and awesome thing to have in your house. Im so jealous! Paint it orange for sure!

Shantastic said...

I'm also jealous. I think your options are orange, teal, yellow or lime green to pull from your vignette. So just pull some of the other colors in your fabric choice for the seat. And Universe - I would like one of these chairs for my desk in my bedroom if you're listening.

pve design said...

I would love it in a fresh coat of white or navy.
To me it is a classic and can always be jazzed up with a pillow.
What a fun project!
pve

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Those chairs look great in any color, I like the Rumba orange and if you ever change go with turquoise!

Laurie said...

I used Rumba Orange on my built in cubbies and a barn door - makes me happy every time I look at them. Go for it.

Barbara Matson said...

Lucky you! I love the orange but how about a bright blue? I see those colours in your art!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Start with your gut! Orange would be fabulous and look great in your home. If you don't like it then just repaint!

Hello Lover... said...

Any color on THIS chair will be great!

Isn't the blogging world wonderful? I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Dara {Habersham Haven} said...

Ahhh, so jealous! I'm dying to find a set of chairs like this in the thrift stores around here. I would say white, but you are right - you need some color. And if you don't like the way it turns out, you can always paint it again! :-)

Karen said...

The power of blogging! That was a nice surprise. I'm loving the bright blue but orange would be really fun.

lemondropdreams said...

I wish I could get my hands of a set of those chairs! Lucky girl...go with a bold color! I like that style chair bold, better than just white...trust your gut!

Erin | Holtwood Hipster said...

White is safe and I'm going to be straight up- it's probably the route I would go. That said- don't the bright colors make you want to choose those chairs to sit in among all the others? Be braver than I... go for color. Pink, Orange, Electric blue even.

Anonymous said...

OK - Hopefully this will do it. Sent the comments re "Gray". Can't wait to see what you do with this chair.

for the love of a house said...

How fun and what a sweet reader!!! Love this story. I'm with you.... ORANGE would be fabulous!!!

happy weekend to you!
xoj.

melanie said...

I love your choice! I also like the teal, kiwi-ish shade and that navy! Fun project!!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

That sounds great! I have one bamboo chair and it can go anywhere in the house.

meghan said...

Oh my goodness. I love those red ones!

Chic Coles said...

I can't wait to see what you do with your new chair! Definitely a fun bright color!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

Rumba orange, not only sounds super cool but I bet is also super gorgeous, go for it, if its only one, the brightest the better, right?

Kim - Commander-in-Chic said...

You should tots go for Rumba!! I had considered a similar color. I ended up going gold on mine but I'm second guessing my choice. Can't wait to see pics!!

Living Livelier said...

I am so so jealous! I've been dying for these chairs as long as I can remember - great round-up! I think the orange would be amazing!

Can't wait for the after shot...
Deb

paula said...

I adore it! About a month ago I saw a SET of these at a goodwill drop off. Wanted to grab them bad, but there were tons of people around and I felt guilty. Oh, me and my convictions :(

casey at loft and cottage said...

What a gorgeous chair, and you are so lucky to have gotten a chance to own it! I am jealous! Now the color decision--a good problem to have ;-)