12.09.2011

My Christmas Wreaths

My Christmas decor has been up for awhile now, but with a final to work on and my family room floor being a mess I haven't had time to take proper photos of everything.  But, I did get a chance to snap a few photos of the copy cat wreath decor I put together last week.

It took me alot longer to put this together than I thought- with measuring all the ribbon to the right lengths, picking out what ornament would go with what ribbon, you know all those anal details.

For a refresher, this was my inspiration

(via Cottage Living)

And after futzing around with ribbon and ornaments for about 2 hours this is what I came up with


It was really hard to get a good shot of this because when the sun was out you couldn't see any of the ornaments, hence the night time photo

I ran out of yellow ribbon just as I was starting this project so it could stand to get a little more yellow in there like the inspiration photo, but for now I love how festive they look on my windows.


Oh how I love Christmastime!

16 comments:

Modern Frills said...

LOVE your wreaths! You did a fabulous job!!!

Laura@JourneyChic said...

They look great and pick up on the colors of your pillow really well.

Anonymous said...

Like your wreaths - nice job. I like it when I see something in a magazine I can actually use!
jean

Kim @ keller-creative said...

Love the whole set up including the dreamy white lamps.

Carolyn said...

Love it! :)

Liz said...

This looks so great! And, I love your curtains. Did you have to use any kind of special curtain rods since it appears to be a bay window?

LindsB said...

Liz, they are actually just the cheapo rods you can get at Target or any big box store. I installed them super close to each other in the middle sections and pinned together the curtain panels so they looked as if they were one.

Its actually round bay window and when we first moved in figuring out how I was going to get hardware up there was the cause of MANY headaches. I looked into going custom with the rod, but it would have cost $$$$. So I put that idea on hold till I actually own my own place, and just went with the Target version.

EJR said...

love these!

Lynne said...

very cute! i love it.

casamcmillen.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Really great looking space! Love fresh wreathes!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

LOVE! your living room is so cozy. I miss architectural details!

Unknown said...

They look pretty!

melanie said...

i love them! Your wreaths are perfect. Awesome twist on a wreath! Looks nice with your pillows too.

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Looks so cute, love them in the windows!

Kirsten Krason said...

Looks fantastic! I love the ornaments you chose.

meghan said...

This is really pretty. And I really like that you use a fresh wreath. I'm sure it smells fantastic as well!