8.18.2011

you can stand under my....

...you know the rest of the song.  You're welcome for getting it stuck in your head now.

Ok, so I need a new umbrella stand.  I came to this realization when I saw this photo on  Julie's Blog and fell in love

hello sunny lover

Then I remembered Jenny made her own monogrammed version as well.


Both genius.


I also love these ones, but I think I might stick with the painted square variety. 

I sketched up some plans on how I wanted mine to look and emailed them over to my Dad.  I'm hoping he has some scrap wood in his shop that can be made into one of those tall, square badboys.


Dad, if you are reading this hows that umbrella stand coming?  LOVE YOU!


13 comments:

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

I have thought about an umbrella stand for a while, alas there is no space for it at home!
Love Jenny's, everything she touches is gold!

Laura Trevey said...

LOVE that monogrammed stand!! Very cool ~

April of Smidge Of This said...

The yellow one is my favorite as well! If your dad can whip one up, I'll be majorly impressed.

Now ... will you paint it orange? :)

LindsB said...

April, I did think about it!! I guess I will come up with a color plan when I get it made by my dad :)

pve design said...

I would order a pve green one!
pve

Anonymous said...

you read my mind - but now I have Gene Autry singing in my head!

Must now go over to Jenny's and see how she made hers.

Thank you for the inspiration!

xoxo michele

Elisa @ What the Vita said...

I love the yellow one too, with the trim! But it never rains around here...

Karena said...

Alright!! Does your Dad take orders!?

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

MissBliss said...

That first picture is gorgeous! I finally joined pinterest... I want to pin it :)

Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

I'd love an umbrella stand in my house, but I haven't quite found a great spot for one. Just as well, because they are so dang expensive! But going the DIY route is a good solution. Then I'd just have to buy some tall umbrellas :P

designchic said...

Beautiful and functional...love the monogrammed stand!!

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

These are all super cute. I don't even own an umbrella. I don't know what's wrong with me. But I should get on that.

In the meanwhile, I'm on the search for a cute freestanding coat rack. If I could find something as attractive as these, I'd be happy.

René said...

Do you think your dad could make 2 of those? Seriously that would be easy to put together. I can't wait to see yours.