5.31.2011

New Outfits

I finally finished the slip covers for my Ikea ottomans and I love how they came out!  I cant believe I waited so long to make these.

Here is the before post in case you were wondering what they looked like before

And now here is the after

Hard to tell in these photos (not sure why, because you can totally tell in person) but the orange piping came out perfect!

I got that elephant vase to use at our wedding reception,  I love it and have been keeping fresh flowers in it ever since.

Super close up

They are bright and cheerful and just what I wanted.

I made a pillow in the same fabric for the side chair, and also made pillows for the sofa in a coordinating fabric. I am obsessed with the new pillow fabric- I cant wait to show them to you!

Since these covers were so much easier than I thought I think I'll have to whip up a few others- you know, just so I have choices and all

17 comments:

Liz @ It's Great To Be Home said...

I love them, great job! And the fabric is so fun.

jonalynn said...

They turned out so good! Please send me some of your sewing skills! :)

turn up the rad blog
turn up the rad creative

mosaicology said...

excellent work!

quintessence said...

You did a really great job - and yes you can see the orange piping - it's always the details that make it!!

pve design said...

I love them - how cute would your table be painted orange? Not that you need any ideas!
pve

Karena said...

Adore them!! Love the Fabric!!

Come and enter my new Giveaway from Tracy Porter!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

I have two of these ottomans as well but have never done anything with them because I has nowhere to put them.

Brooke Jones said...

You did a great job! Love the orange piping -- such a fun detail. What a happy space!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Great work!! I love that whole table area!

Chic Geek said...

Phenomnenal! So talented!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

aaah they look very good and the blue milk vase is very cute too, great contrast!

Anonymous said...

super cute! love the fabric!!

McNamara Design said...

They look great!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

yay! they look great!

12 devonshire said...

Wow - they look great, and I love the orange piping! Your vignette is lovely. Great job! I tackled a reupholstery project over the weekend - not quite done yet, but it wasn't as hard as I expected (posted an update yesterday).

Anonymous said...

Hi - You are very, very talented---of all the makeovers/diys I see on a lot of blogs, yours are consistently elegant and chic!

Luck you!

Best wishes,
Linda

Revival said...

your piping is awesome! i just tackled slipcovers for my ottomans, but did not have the patience to add anything fancy. Great job!