5.17.2011

From the Heart

I swear blog friends are the best!

We rally around one of our own when something happy or sad happens in their lives.  We promote each other in ways I never thought possible.  We inspire each other on a daily basis.  This community of design bloggers is amazing.

A few weeks ago I got a package in the mail.  A big box with FRAGILE written all over the side.  I opened it up to find a surprise that I fell in love with at first sight

There he is, peeking out from behind the console

To my amazement three of my best blogger friends got together and sent me this perfect wedding present!  I cried, I laughed, I was so touched that these ladies would think of me during such a happy time in my life.

Lauren  from Pure Style Home, Camila from Effortless Style, and Marianne from Haven and Home I love you three so much- thank you from the bottom of my (and my hubbys) heart!!

His new home is right next to the TV console wine rack

Trunks up! 

(Just like Patricia always tells me, check out this post to see why I love her too)


He will always be watching over me and forever remind me of 3 ladies that I call my friends!

Thank you Lauren, Camila and Marianne!!!

18 comments:

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

incredibly thoughtful!

Ms. Bright said...

That is so cool!

I hope one day I get to meet some of my blog aquaintances and we're able to become friends.

Such a neat connection!

xx
Ms. Bright

Camila@effortless-style said...

Oh he looks so cute!!!!! So happy you enjoyed him. He looks right at home.

Ashley said...

What an amazing and thoughtful gift!!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

so sweet!

Julip Made said...

He is adorable! Such a sweet gift!

April of Smidge Of This said...

What a thoughtful gift! He is SO you. Thank goodness for fellow blogettes. :)

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

Love it! And it looks amazing in your home. Lauren, Camila and Marianne are some of my fave bloggers too. So sweet of them.

xo,
cristin

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet! :)

H.G. The Countess said...

That is SUCH a sweet story! They are some of my favorite bloggers too :)

Karen said...

That was so generous of them, they are three of the best. Your gift looks perfect in the spot you chose.

Peppermint Bee said...

A perfect present!

pve design said...

Wow, what a happy elephant! Shall we call him "Babar?" Bloggers really are the most thoughtful people. :)
pve

jonalynn said...

That is so cool! Hooray for blog homies! Did you see "Water For Elephants"? The elephant in the movie was really pretty.

Congrats on your wedding!

turn up the rad blog
turn up the rad creative

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Blogworld really is the best :)
Mr. Elephant looks perfect in your home.

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

How incredibly thoughtful!!

Haven and Home said...

You are most welcome, I love him!!!!! You know it wasn't until I went to High Point with Camila I found out about the trunk being up, glad his is!!!!! Congrats again on the wedding!!!! Can't wait until we can all get together again.

L said...

Totally in love with that! What a great wedding gift :)