4.19.2011

Beauty & Essex

I never thought I could love commercial design quite as much as I love residential, that is till I went to Beauty & Essex on the Lower East Side this past weekend with a bunch of my friends for my besties 30th birthday. 

AvroKO is the design firm behind the design, and after looking at their website they have done a few fun projects.  But, back to the point- this restaurant is not only a current hot spot in NYC, they have amazing food and a really great atmosphere.

You walk into this pawn shop store front and wonder if you are in the right place, only to find a happening restaurant/bar behind the door in the back of the shop.
always trying to be the "cool place" in NYC, this idea was different to me

 This massive chandelier is right behind the pawn shop door

less words, more pictures- they speak for themselves...


holy custom couch- this thing was massive!


The service was great and the food was even better- if you are in the area be sure to check place out!

Oh, how could I forget- THERE IS CHAMPAGNE IN THE BATHROOMS.  Yes, you read that right- pink champagne to be more specific and it was AWESOME!



Beauty & Essex webite here.


All photos from the AvroKO website

17 comments:

Laura@JourneyChic said...

Holy crap! That place looks amazing! You'd never suspect that such a grand restaurant was in the back of a pawn shop, of all places. How very clever. I'm sure the price was high but well worth the splurge!

H.G. The Countess said...

AvroKo can do no wrong in my opinion. I don't normally trek to the LES but your post has changed my mind!

Fash Boulevard said...

love all of these. stunning. So happy I found your blog. I'm a new follower, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over a month ago. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. Stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news and check out pictures from the fall/winter preview I attended yesterday in Beverly Hills. xoxo. Would love your support. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Danika Herrick said...

That is flipping awesome. I so need to get out more! I think a girls weekend is in order.

One Does Want said...

i adore your blog, so cute!

check out my blog, i left you a present!

http://blonderecession.blogspot.com/

elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

Wow, this is an incredible space. It is hard to believe it is hidden behind a pawn shop...gorgeous.

Julip Made said...

Stunning! The Boy wouldn't even make it to the restaurant/ bar because of that wall of awesome guitars, but I'd be parking myself on that rust chesterfield... so rich and yummy!

From Broadway said...

The place looks amazing and that chandelier, love!

Meghan @ My Wishful Thinking said...

Wow. There are no words!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

This place is soooooo cool! No wonder it is the current "place to be". The pawn shop entry is genius.

Soulful Mama said...

Wow, wow, wow! This looks simply amaaaazing!

~ Clare x

Chic Coles said...

What a fun concept...walk into a little store, open the back door and voila! a restaurant!

Jessica said...

This place is gorgeous!! Thanks for letting the secret out. I'll definitely be stopping by on my next NYC trip.
xoxojess
www.americangypsyliving.com
@gypsyjessy

Sarah @ Cubicle Sanity said...

Oh my gosh, I would never leave the bathroom. I would just hang out in there drinking champagne and re-applying my lips!

Miss B. said...

Oh wow, this does look AMAZING!

Navy Bean said...

Looks amazing and so fun! I will definitely have to check it out with my girls!

Sketch42 said...

I went there a few weeks ago- I agree! AWESOME!