3.14.2011

The Invites

So I know getting our invite in the mail does not compare to getting an invite from the future king and queen, but hey it's pretty damn close in my opinion.  

Anyway since we have received all the replies back I figured now is a good time to show you what they looked like.  Starting from the outside envelope this is how they turned out
The outside envelope was white with blue writing

Thanks to the amazing work of Janis from Navy Bean my vision for fun calligraphy came true.  Any brides or future brides out there, she is amazing and I highly recommend her!

I completely forgot to take a picture of the envelope with the stamp we used, but in case anyone is interested I went with the king and queen stamps. I did alot of research on the whole design your own stamps idea, but I realized the king and queen stamps had the perfect colors and I really love the design of them. 



The white envelope opened up to an orange inside envelope with white writing

Inside the orange envelope was a blue folded card tied with a gold ribbon

I also lined all of the orange envelopes with gold paper. It's actually gold wrapping paper that was $2.99 a roll that I cut all the liners from- it was much more cost effective doing it this way rather than buying precut liners.  But it was ALOT of work- be warned if you are going to do this yourself, start early!

Inside the blue folded card was the actual invite.  This was the only part of the invite I had professionally printed through Paper Source (the rest I printed myself at home).  I went with a simple horizontal design with fonts in orange and dark blue. 

And there is the first view of the elephant, a theme that started early in the planning and took off from there. 

I forgot to take a picture of the hotel card I printed up, but here is a view of the reply card I made. 

It took a long time for the fiancé and I to agree on the yes and no reply sayings.  We wanted something other then the normal accepts with pleasure or declines with regret.  I decided to carry over the word festivities from the actual invite and I really love what we ended up with.

I printed my parents address on the front of the pre-stamped orange envelopes in the same font as our names were in from the invite card.  (For anyone who is interested the two fonts I used are Changeling and Futura Light)


More details of the wedding will be posted as soon as I get photos of everything. 
12 short days to go!!


37 comments:

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

They are beautiful! Love everything about. Especially the elephant, but truly all of it is my favorite!

kay* said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE...love the colours, love the gold, love the calligraphy, love the wording...love the elephant...love it all!

Lindsay @ A Walk in the Closet said...

Love your invites! They're so fun and the gold foil adds a very 'luxe' touch. And I totally agree with you on the "ALOT of work" part. I did not foresee how much work it would be to create my own invites. Granted, it was worth it in the end but holy moly, was it stressful!

Your colors are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see photos of your wedding day. :)

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

So exciting and your invitations are just beautiful! So unique, colorful, special....love them! Enjoy this special time!

Lilacandgrey said...

So beautiful! And So exciting!

pve design said...

Judging by the invite, the wedding looks like it will be fun and just as fab as you! Love the colors and cleverness.
pve

Belle on Heels said...

GORGEOUS calligraphy! and navy + orange = fabulous!!

Jessie said...

They are perfection. It is so fun seeing everything come together!!

Julie said...

Absolutely lovely! I seriously love the calligraphy!

blue chickadee said...

Love your invitations and the color combo is so up my alley!!!

That Girl in Pearls said...

They look fabulous! I adored those stamps... but they didn't go very well with the rest of my invitation. They go PERFECTLY with yours and your colorful envelopes! Brilliant.

Hope you have a wonderful Monday!
B.

That Girl in Pearls

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

looks beautiful! love the calligraphy.

Kate {domestikatedlife} said...

Wow I can't believe you did those yourself, they look great! Especially the gold liners.

Hope you can make drinks on Thursday at Masa!

Jenn @ Living Luxe for Less said...

These invitations are so unique and so you! I love how your personality and sense of style totally came through. They are beautiful and I love the color palette!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Beautiful invites! Love the color and the style :)

Mary said...

These look fantastic! I'm getting married in October and planning on doing my own invites. . . I'm a little nervous though that they might look too 'crafty'. Yours look amazing and so professional!

jonalynn said...

They turned out sooooooooooo cute! The color scheme is really pretty. And the carpal tunnel you probably got from cutting the envelope liners was worth it. The gold and texture definitely took it to the next level!

Good to know you printed them at home and they turned out so well. I'm thinking of going that route, too.

Thanks for the font names (from one font geek to another).

turnuptherad.blogspot.com

Marianne said...

Perfect! Just perfect!

Averill said...

Beautiful invites! The color scheme is so unique. And the king/queen stamps are favorites of mine (my sis used them on her wedding invites last year, actually).

Nancy U said...

Make sure you send everyone who has an email a Google map with directions to the festivities. With more people having smartphones this may help some folks who'd otherwise get lost. They'll remember the invitation and forget maps and written directions!

Navy Bean said...

They turned out beautifully!! I'm so honored that I got to calligraph your invitations. I also didn't realize that you made all the liners by hand. Gorgeous!

Kiley said...

Beautiful! I used the king and queen stamps, too. They were the best looking ones I found without doing the design your own. Plus my colors were navy and pink, so I thought it worked well. Best of luck to you on your wedding day!

Shelly R. said...

I used Janis for my calligraphy after seeing your first post about her on the blog! She is fantastic! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

I adore every part of you invititaions! Especially the colors. They are so you, girl!!!

Britt said...

I love the colors of your invitations! Orange and Navy together are my favorite.

alison giese Interiors said...

Gorgeous! Can't believe you cut all those liners yourself! Skilz, I say...(and patience)
Best Wishes to you!

Danielle Sigwalt Interiors said...

I love it...the color combination is so fun and unexpected for a wedding invite which makes it that much more appealing to me! I also love the Indian Elephant image! Great job!!

LiveLikeYou said...

What chic, cool, elegant and imaginative invites. Wish I had been that original when I got married. How exciting!!!

Haven and Home said...

Ah! I can't believe you only have 12 more days!!!!! So exciting!

quintessence said...

Beautiful!! And I love the fabulous not so formal calligraphy!

Dana Gastelum said...

They look amazing!! I know you're getting SOOO excited!! Soak it all in - it goes by so quickly! :)

Anonymous said...

so fun! they came out great! love the calligraphy and cannot believe how close the big day is!!!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

I can't believe you cut all those foil liners...wow!!! The invites are gorgeous, love the colors.
Janell

KCG said...

Great job on these invites! I too am very impressed that you did the gollining yourself with wrapping paper - what a good idea! After reading this post and seeing your elephant theme, I came across this pillow and thought it would be very fitting for you and your soon-to-be husband: http://www.modernchichome.com/DECORATING-All-Decorating/c1_85/p219/Two-Elehants-Rice-Pillow-by-KOKO/product_info.html

Dovecote Decor said...

The combination of the traditional and modern aspects of the invitation was inspiring. I enjoyed the new take on the ever-so-standard reply sayings. I look forward to more posts regarding the wedding.

Best,
Liz

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

so so pretty, love the color scheme and the elephant!

charm home said...

I can't believe your wedding is almost here!!! It is such an amazing day. Enjoy every minute of it. Looking forward to seeing all of the beautiful pictures of your magical day!!!