The lamp was my Grandmas when she was little. I really love how the orange lampshade brings an updated look to a super old lamp.
1. Add 1Tsb. laundry detergent to the dye bath (the box instructions say this too
2. wet the whole lampshade before you put it in the dye bath
3. Make the dye bath as hot as you can, keeping in mind that the glue on the lampshade may come apart, but that can be fixed later.
4. Keep the lampshade moving at all times when dyeing it. I used a large bucket and just kept a spoon moving the whole time.
5. The longer you keep it in the darker the color, I kept mine in for about 20-25 minutes.
I used the color Tangerine, but I cant wait to try other bright colors now!