9.23.2010

Blogger Day Recap

I was so beyond tired yesterday I couldn't bring myself to blog about the amazing day I had in NYC on Tuesday.  It started with my alarm going off at 5:30 am and didn't end till I crawled into bed at 1:30 am- the entire day it was go, go, go.

me, Stephanie and Carlee

The day started out with the Nate Show.  It was fun to be on set, see Nate, and get to participate in all that goes on with taping talk show.


I have to say that the Nate Show was fun, but it was also a big disappointment.  I was expecting a Martha Stewart type blogging show but what we got was not ONE mention of it being blogger day on air- the whole show was not even about bloggers?!? 

The best part of the show was the 20+ min Nate spent after taping answering audience questions.  He seemed real then, alot more relaxed.  He seemed like a different Nate from when the cameras were rolling.

Here is Emily asking a question

Oh, and also seeing Christian Siriano from Project Runway- LOVE him!  But again, what does he have to do with the 90+ bloggers that were in the audience?!? Yea, not sure myself.


After the not-one-mention-of-blogger-day Nate Show we were ushered out to the sidewalks where we chatted it up with other bloggers, snapped some photos and got ready for the after party. 


Yvonne from Design Vignettes (all the way to the left) couldn't make it to the after party but we snapped this photo as proof that the Boston bloggers were representing in NYC that day.

Next stop was the Meatpacking district to the "Get Carted" party hosted by The Nest, thrown together last minute by the amazing Camila in only a few days!

My travel companions for the day- me, Stephanie, Emily and Carlee

I finally got to meet Camila and Marianne and it was like I had known them my whole life. Seriously, it's so funny how talking to someone online and reading their blogs can form such a great friendship without ever meeting in real life.  I miss you girls already!!

Marianne, Me, Stephanie, Camila, and Carlee

The Nest was having a design contest, "Get Carted",  to see who could create the best bar cart with the props they provided. I took this task very seriously and together with Camila and Carlee we created this bar cart beauty


I got to meet so many bloggers, but I know I missed alot as well which was a bummer.  There was just so much to take in and I could have been there all night talking to everyone!

Some of the amazing women I got to chat it up with: Jenny from Little Green Notebook, Marianne from Haven and Home, Emily from Emily A. Clark, Janell from Isabella and Max Rooms, Camila from High-Heeled Foot in the Door, Bryn from Bryn Alexandra Interiors, Julie from Create Girl, Deb from Living Livelier, Stefanie from Brooklyn Limestone, Lakeitha from Home to Three Duncan Boys,  Erika from BluLabel Bungalow, Jade from Flip Flops and Pearls, and Beth from Hello Lover... 

(I feel like I'm missing a few and I'm so sorry if that's you!!  Between all the champagne and the mini cupcakes that I kept stuffing into my face, I was hopped up on booze and sugar. Leave a comment so I can add you to my list and again I'm SO SORRY, please don't hate me)


All in all the Nate Show was a disappointment (as you can read and many of the other bloggers posts too), but I have to say that Camila and The Nest party totally made up for it!  It was a long day for the Boston Bloggers in NYC, but it was well worth it to meet all my friends in person!

We must do it again soon ladies, it was a blast!



(a few pics from my camera and the rest were yanked from Carlee, Camila and Yvonne.  It seems the champagne and cupcakes that I was stuffing in my face at a mile-a-minute that I mentioned above got in the way of my picture taking, oops)

34 comments:

Unknown said...

well sure sounds like u had a FUN time - but seriously wth with no mention of bloggers - hummmmmm

GLAD u had a blast lovey!

Katie @ Katie Beth Interiors said...

Although I have heard much disappointment about the show part of things, it still seemed like a fun excuse for bloggers to all get together :)

Living It At Home said...

Sorry I missed it! Looks like a fun time even if the Nate show was a dissapointment. Loved looking at your fantastic photo's!

Summer Athena said...

looks like you all had a fab time here!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

That is such a bummer that there was no mention of the bloggers! I bet it was fun still to watch the taping and Christian S= awesome! :)

Hello Lover... said...

So nice to get to meet you at the nest event! You are so sweet and I must say that little party was the highlight of my trip - it's certainly a great experience to match real faces and voices with the blogs you read everyday!

JMW said...

A shame that the show didn't acknowledge the bloggers, but so glad to hear you were able to connect with fellow-bloggers and spend some quality time together.

Full House said...

OH MY...I can't believe you missed me..must have been all of that sugar and booze...haha Seriously though I was all packed and talking to Jenny (LGN) on the phone one hour before my flight when I decided to stay put. I would have really enjoyed meeting you and a few others in real life. Glad that Camila put together such a great shin dig

Splendid Sass said...

I am glad that you had a fun time, but I am really disappointed that they didn't recognize the bloggers. What a bummer.
Have a nice day, and get some rest.
Teresa

Anonymous said...

so fun!!!

I think its really bizarro they didnt mention the bloggers..esp considering such a strong force design blogs have in the industry now since virtualyl every great shelter mag out there folds. poo nate, poo.

anyways, im majorly jealy you got to meet everyone! booo being so far away!

Ariane said...

What a bummer about the show!

Well, it sounds like you bloggers didn't need ol' Nate to have a good time! Love your cart.

Anonymous said...

Great shots. What a good time! Um, is it just me or are Nate's pants REALLY tight in that pic?? Let's hit up Sonic on Route 1 soon!!

Anonymous said...

this was a big disappointment for all the bloggers involved but the nest party and the send the trend necklace kinda made up for it.

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

I am sorry I didn't get the chance to talk more! Your pix are great.

xo,
cristin

Karen said...

Sorry to hear the Nate show was a little disappointing, but it sounds like you made up for it big time at the after party.

Julie said...

How fun!

Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

So glad I got to meet you! Wish we could have talked longer but like you I was hopped on booze and sugar too!! I am so glad I wasn't the only one who felt that way :)

Yvonne Blacker said...

I was glad we had a moment in NY to connect with all of you, and I love seeing what happened after we had to dash off (how fun to do an impromptu design challenge for The Nest!) Sure I will see you around Boston in the future.

BTW you all looked stunning in your Nate Show brights! : )

Stephanie Sabbe said...

#1 I'm still tired

#2 We should have taken a picture at Sonic!!!

Kelly Green said...

You all look so cute in your bright colours! Sorry nate was a disappointment though.......I think they might need Camilla to organise that too next time!!! KG

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

great recap! how great for you ladies to meet all together. Ignore the disappointment and keep the fab memories. You look gorge!! xoxo

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

great recap! how great for you ladies to meet all together. Ignore the disappointment and keep the fab memories. You look gorge!! xoxo

Emily A. Clark said...

It was so fun to meet you (wish we could've talked more!), and I enjoyed looking at you and Carlee in your cute yellow sweaters across the audience :) Hope you're getting rested. I'm definitely not yet!

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

Hi girl!!! It was so great meeting you! I loved your line "I feel like I know you" And mine was "well yes you do"!!! So cheesy;-)

I already miss everyone! We have to come up with a reason to do this all again!

charm home said...

I so wish that I could have gone. It looks like you ladies had a BLAST!!! What a great opportunity to meet so many amazing bloggers. Thanks so mcuh for posting all of your pictures. Glad you enjoyed it. -c

Jenn @ Living Luxe for Less said...

I'm sorry the taping was so disappointing but it looks like you ladies had a great time after! Wish I could have been there to meet everyone. As someone who has just started blogging it really is exciting to start to get to know other bloggers with similar interests and make connections...what an amazing community!

That Girl in Pearls said...

Oh my gosh... I CANNOT believe your life right now!!! Good for you Love, this is amazing! (And so is Nate.. hubba hubba)

Hope you're doing wonderful sweetie,
B.

###### said...

It was great meeting all the bloggers. Hopefully next time we can chat it up!

paula said...

so fun! well, the after party that is.

Erika Ward said...

So great to meet you! My first instinct was to give you a big ole hug. Hope you didn't mind me all in your personal space. HAHA! I've got a cute pic of you and the ladies on my blog. You can snag it if you want.

http://www.blulabelbungalow.com/2010/09/great-to-finally-meet-you.html

Laura Casey Interiors said...

Looks like you all had fun meeting each other!

Lauren said...

aww so much fun!!! so wish i could've been there!!! you girls all look beautiful

xoxo

for the love of a house said...

How fun to meet so many fellow-bloggers! Looks like it was a great day.
joan

p.s. you are adorable btw!!

for the love of a house said...

How fun to meet so many fellow-bloggers! Looks like it was a great day.
joan

p.s. you are adorable btw!!