4.20.2010

Getting ahead

While we don't even have a place or a date for our wedding I cant help but start to plan the pretty things, you know the flowers and the decor and the colors- my mind is in overdrive just thinking of all the possibilities for our day!

I'm still stuck on flowers like i was a few posts ago and I'm thinking of centerpiece ideas now.  I'd like something different from the usual one arrangement.  I could always go with one funky arrangement, but for now I am gathering ideas for centerpieces using multiple arrangements.  Of course Martha has some great ideas
 

I love the last one- its so colorful and bright.  Also the tea tins are really fun- being that the fiances family is from Sri Lanka I wonder if I could get a bunch of Ceylon Tea tins?   Hmmm, I might be on to something here.  

Anyone know where I can get like 100 Ceylon Tea Tins that are bright like these??


(all photos from Martha Stewart)

18 comments:

Fargerike Dagny said...

Lol, I have almost ALL of those pics in my inspiration folder for the wedding! We're going to go for vintage milk glass vases with the flowers grouped like this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DBC1i9nqhKc/S836aR5U9XI/AAAAAAAAHY0/VLinxRs7dOg/s400/4-20-2010+12-11-56+PM.jpg

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

No, good luck!! I like the fun approach you are taking for the colors and decor, a wedding should be fun! Janell

pve design said...

LEB-
Just double check your spelling - above, I read it and laughed really hard, only because I know you are so excited and typing really fast!
I love the tea tins, and I wonder if you could find something at an Indian Tea shop or spot near you.
I also love all white containers---you could spray the inside of glass containers....not to add work, but to add to the fun.
pve

LindsB said...

HAHA, omg that is so funny thank you for pointing that out Patricia. I just changed it :)

Summer Athena said...

i printed that exact tin tea cans pic out too. i do that in my house when folks come over. love it so much.

Saara {www.varv.ca} said...

I love that tea tin idea!! good luck finding some!

Lindsay said...

I love love the tea tin idea!! Good luck finding them! xx

Rhiannon Bosse said...

These images are all so incredible. What lovely inspiration :)

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

I adore the last one too- so special and fun :)

Laura Trevey said...

Martha always has the prettiest floral ideas...

So exciting for you!!
xoxo Laura

Stephanie Sabbe said...

I like the last one. I'm going to copy that idea

Chic Coles said...

Flowers are my absolute favorite...can't wait to find out what you end up doing! Whatever you do is going to be stunning!

Unknown said...

My sister just got married and did multiple flower arrangements... would be happy to share a pic if you would like!

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

Great inspiration and I really love the last two images...esp if the last one allows you to bring something personal in for your Fiance and his family. Love it.

Anonymous said...

When all else fails... try eBay!

Laura@JourneyChic said...

Such pretty arrangements! We went with three (in varying heights) per table, and although the color scheme was consistent, each table was not. Some of my friends table-hopped just to see the different kinds of flowers used!

Those tea tins are fab - maybe Ebay??

carlee {deliciously organized} said...

I really love the direction you're going with all the bright colors. The flowers pop!

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

Have you seen centerpieces that consist of vintage milk glass vases and different colored flowers?! so so pretty! I can't wait to see what you decide to do!