1.19.2010

Downtown Hotness!


I was so beyond excited when I got my copy of Downtown Chic in the mail. It is more like Downtown Hotness to me, that is for sure! I mean anything created (including the children) by the two hot adults in the picture above has got to be amazing.

SixxDesign was started by husband and wife team Cortney and Robert Novogratz. It all started with their own home gut renovation and just blossomed from there. Their new book Downtown Chic chronicles several of their renovations with amazing photos and tips for anyone who wants to tackle projects like they do.

Most recently they have taken on an entire block of NYC and rebuilt it from the ground up- quite the task!

But, I would have to say that my most favorite photos from the book are from their Great Barrington, MA home. Maybe its because its in my home state...call me biased :)


Such a beautiful exterior!






Orange is the best color out there


Lovely pool for those hot summer days...not that they come often in MA, but they do come


perfect little bar area just waiting for some party guests




I love this hall and stairs...all the family photos are such a great display





Overall I give this book an A++ Its the perfect book for anyone young or old and it has a hot cover so it can live on your coffee table and be ever so chic sitting there.


If you want to see more pics from this amazing duo, check out their site SixxDesign HERE

Have you read this book yet?? If so, what did you think??

It is a must have!

(all photos from SixxDesign)

17 comments:

Stephanie Sabbe said...

LEB's going mod, you know I love it. I want this book. Better yet, you invite me over and I'll read yours

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

I love the family photo wall! I'll have to check out this book.

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

love those yellow shutters! lovely post.

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

You are the second person that has recommended it. I must try it!

Anonymous said...

Okay, you made me just want to go purchase this book. I'm adding to my long list! Love that it's in MA too...I am totally biased and admit it.

So wish I didn't miss last night. I hope things get less busy soon and I can join next time, or better yet, plan something fun!

Fargerike Dagny said...

Yay, you got the book!! I loved it too, both a great manual and source of inspiration!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Certainly piqued my interest too! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting this book!

Especially because I heard they're getting their own show on Bravo about their design business and their giant family!

Adding it to the wishlist.

Ms. Bright said...

Great house!

Hill Country House Girl said...

Love this couple and everything they do! The book looks great - thanks for the preview!

Living It At Home said...

I am going to check out this book. Wow, what a family! Very impressive and they have definately got it together.

~jamilyn

Rachel said...

You are right! Orange IS one of the best colors out there!!! ;-) It's one of my faves.

Hey, you've got to admire any couple who has that many children and STILL have a fab looking house. Definitely inspirational!

JMW said...

Thanks so much for sharing this! I blogged about this family a few months ago, after they were featured in the NY Times Style section. Apparently they're shopping a reality TV-series (not sure if it's coming to fruition or not).

Yelena said...

I have not read this book yet, but it looks like I may have to! those images are great! :) love all the vibrant colors on a white backdrop!!! and that wall with photo frames is stunning! :)

jamaica byles said...

LOVED the book.I too did a post on their book a few months back.I didn't know they had a website....thanks for sharing that.

deliciously organized said...

NEED this book and an orange wall now!

Rhiannon Bosse said...

I think I need to get this book. ASAP. and then spend all day all night drooling :)